GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Austins w/ APR BBK

These will make a huge difference to your braking. Great quality BBK. Waiting on Apex wheels to launch there 17x9 SM-10’s which clears this BBK.
  2. M

"Official" Lap Times Thread

Ram suction mount, with clip in hard case. Limits vibration. Still not great for video but is more stable to keep Harry’s somewhat accurate.
  3. M

"Official" Lap Times Thread

This video has my previous fastest lap of 2:17.1 on stock 220hp and stock suspension before my low torque APR STG1 tune and Ohlins install. NT01 tires as above. When you start getting into the teens, you are pushing pretty hard. The extra power helps less than you think and makes one a little...
  4. M

Curbed wheel (alignment and wheel bearing) - advice/2nd opinion

5-10 degree offset to the steering wheel would make me suspect a bent tie rod. The wheel bearing failing/noise may be coincidence. Any wheel or tire damage could also be the source of abnormal noise.
  5. M

Rear suspension parts

I have Vorshlag plates on my Ohlins. Just did an alignment and went to the increased caster position and got the +1 degree advertised. Ohlins do a good job in a dual duty car due to the DFV design. Ground Control and Vorshlag are you only real options.
  6. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Foil works just as well. Lol
  7. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

No. I checked that exact thing. OBD11 is still showing increased traction. That is a setting change and requires a security code.
  8. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

VAQ/Haldex Pump- Resetting Adaptations with OBD11 After a bunch of research, I have not found any real clear instructions on this process. I arrived at these conclusions through some trial and error and do not claim this to be the best way to do it but it appeared to work. So if anyone has some...
  9. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

VAQ Oil SERVICE - PP GTi This weekend as part of my track prep, I replaced my VAQ Diff fluid and pump. This is the first time doing it myself. I’d purchased a new pump a while back. The O-ring service kits from VW are stupid expensive 2-bolts and 2 O-rings. DAP has a video on the fluid...
  10. M

FS: SuperPro Front EndLinks

They are really good. Will be able to dial in caster/camber and get them equalized left to right. The rear camber arms arms are great as well. Just finished a bunch of maintenance and track prep. Will be going to VIR in a couple weeks. The Verkline parts will go on over the winter for the...
  11. M

How to fix/improve low soft Brake pedal with Residual Pressure Valves and seal lube

Modulation is very much down to pad compound/driver preference. I don’t care for super aggressive pads as they tend to be an on/off switch. Making them difficult to modulate and finesse brake. Great for hard straight line braking but tricky for trail braking. plus they tend to be hard on rotors...
  12. M

FS: Smart Camber Gauge

Bump
  13. M

FS: SuperPro Front EndLinks

Bump
  14. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Pagid RSL19 Rear Pads Pagid RS19 rear pads. Cannot say enough good things about these. Been on for 2yrs. 10 track days and 56,000 street miles and they still have life in them. They are kind on rotors on the street and track.
  15. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Tire to fender clearance with CSS Swivels and SuperPro 018K LCA’s. -3.5 front camber and 9 degrees of caster with 255-35-18 MPS4S Front and rear wheel bearings. Straight forward install. The rear is super easy. The front was a little awkward to install by yourself, as I had the swivel/front...
  16. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

8k front springs and 12k rear springs. For daily driving the camber is a little too much. -2.5 to 2.75 is OK from a wear perspective. Extreme toe will kill tires in a heartbeat. Faster then camber ever will. I will be at VIR in two weeks and then again two weeks after that. Will dial out .5...
  17. M

CSS knuckle/hub install/results OEM Camber Fix

+1 for CSS Swivels. Adds 1-degree of camber to whatever you currently have.
  18. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

PowerGrid Endlinks One of my concerns about gaining more negative camber was inner fender clearance. I sourced a set of PowerGrid front end-links. These have a much slimmer profile than my SuperPro end-links, which were nibbling the sealer out of the inner fender welded joint. Another mod was...
  19. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Kept the rear the same as on my previous alignment. Didn’t expect to get -3.5 up front and with my rear ride height increasing 1”, I didn’t think I would even get to -2 at the rear. My before measurements was -1.9 which surprised me. I wanted to keep a little wiggle room to the fuel filler hose...