GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Let's Talk about Window Tint

I'm in Illinois as well and was thinking 35% all around, however I just found out our mk7's do have some factory tint on all windows at 70%. So if you just get 35% thrown on you are actually at a lower illegal tint level.
  2. G

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

well from reviews I've seen there are things that need to be fixed, software specifically plus all the digital stuff with hvac etc. We would know if it would be fixed in the US model release. I don't see any of these changes/fixes happening before the US release and we would know if they did
  3. G

yea, people thought the same thing with the mk7 and they fixed things in 2016. You didn't really want a 2015 mk7.
  4. G

I definitely wouldn't buy this first year and possibly not until seeing the refresh.
  5. G

Inside front door rubbing

however, there were quite a few people that had the seal rubbing issue on the front of the door with fender. Looks like those got approved even after 1 year adjustment period so I'll push on them for this.
  6. G

yea, I know. They said that the door seal could be causing the issue by rubbing and is considered "outside" influence and that I'm outside of the 1 year adjustments period on the seal. I escalated to regional, I have a case open and they are going to follow up with dealership and then myself.
  7. G

so the dealer had to send pics to VW to get approval. Came back denied today, their reasoning was the the seal of the car that was rubbing on the paint on the inside of the door is considered "outside" influence. Anyone have any recommendations on next steps?
  8. G

can someone else who has a GTI see if that knob in the seal lines up above where I have a wear mark? As you can see in the pic there is more clearance above my wear mark, wondering if normally it should be higher up.
  9. G

I see where it’s hitting the door seal when closing the door. There is a little knob on the seal that it’s hitting, added a pic of the little knob on the seal causing the issue. looking at the door body lines from the outside the drivers side is a little high when comparing to the rear door...
  10. G

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

yea, depends on what you want. I wouldn't do S model on 17, 18 or 19 for various reasons for what I want, headlights, limited slip etc. The 19 S model isn't that bad of a deal but its missing the good LED headlights and push start, if it had those would be pretty good. If you want plaid its...
  11. G

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

if you don't plan to keep over 2 years or so 2017 would be fine. If not I would go 2018/2019. I was looking at 17's or 18/19 used and ended up grabbing a 19. Very glad I went with it over the 17, imo the refresh and warranty is worth getting over the 17. there are alot more used 17's than 18/19...
  12. G

cool, this is inside the door so no overspray should get on that outer door or blending needed, I’ll make sure of it. Maybe they can even just touch up the spots, we’ll see.
  13. G

I sent an email to carfax, hopefully they get back to me but I guess you can file a claim with carfax if there is a false report anyway considering this wouldn't be an accident.
  14. G

I took it in and the service manager took the pics of it and sent to VW for approval. They don't have a body shop in house but would set it up with body shop they use and they would fix/paint those spots on the inside of door. Question, would this cause an issue on carfax like showing an...
  15. G

Thanks, well when I talked on the phone they said it was out of the 12 month adjustment period and to bring up for them to look at? So should be covered for door adjustment?
  16. G

do you guys think this adjustment will be covered under warranty? its a 2019 with 21,000 miles, just want to be prepared I think the 12 month adjustment period is up so I wasnt sure?
  17. G

passenger side has the same spider cracking towards top but no rubbing in middle of door like driver side. I’ll see what dealer says
  18. G

I noticed on my 19 GTI the front drivers door is rubbing on two spots. The spot in the middle left paint on the door seal as well, the upper part that is rubbing didn’t leave paint but kinda spidered the paint in the spot looks like. Luckily inside the door but plan on taking it in to fix...
  19. G

Official Tinted windows thread.

Funny thing is, the people using llumar is actually cheaper but they are farther away from me.
  20. G

Official Tinted windows thread.

I’m currently calling shops to tint my car. All the shops seem to carry global tint. There is one shop that uses Llamar. If cost is the same for install, which should I go for? Probably will get ceramic, thanks!