GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Fraysa

Retrofit ambient lighting for Pano sunroof

Interesting! A quick course for us newbies on how to read wiring diagrams? Hehe.
  2. Fraysa

To my understanding this is just a plastic tube? You still need a good quality LED.
  3. Fraysa

Well, in that case, I don't think the BCM will support it. However, I don't mind plugging it into existing ambient light. The problem is I don't want to order the LEDs only to find out they don't fit.
  4. Fraysa

I think we should wait for @ZERO815 to respond here :-).
  5. Fraysa

Is there a way to test if Pin 29 on Socket B does something when you move the slider on the MMI? will the voltage change? It’s the best way to check itI think.
  6. Fraysa

So, to my understanding: Pin 1 -> Pin 4 of B552 (roof wiring harness) Pin 2 -> Pin 29 of T73B (Socket B of BCM0 Pin 4 -> Ground?
  7. Fraysa

How do you see which one goes to the BCM?
  8. Fraysa

RGB mood lighting (colors) 4 door panels and foot for golf 7

The problem with the ambient light retrofit is that there's almost no information regarding this.
  9. Fraysa

I never had good experience with AliExpress "OEM" stuff, I only use it to purchase wiring harnesses. Also it has bad reviews on the light quality.
  10. Fraysa

You guys should avoid things like this from AliExpress. Every "genuine" light I received from AliExpress vendors was really low and the LEDs were obviously fake and not genuine. @Genebaby What exactly did you purchase? Can you take detailed pictures? What did your car have from factory?
  11. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

If you purchased the kit from AliExpress, then it's definitely made to be on the left side. Initially when I had it on the left side, I had my buddy block each sensor while I was looking at the screen. It did correspond, meaning the harness was made to be mounted from left to right. The...
  12. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

I believe so. The Chinese vendors on AliExpress also supply the same PDF supplied by carsystems PL (https://carsystems.home.pl/marcin/support/VW_Golf_MK7-_PDC_ANG_v10.pdf). This PDF is pretty lame, as it doesn't follow the OEM instructions for this and it barely has any information. As for the...
  13. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

I ended up moving it to the right, as per the OEM instructions. The harness is made to be on the left side, because when I tested the sensors they were positioned correctly. I will have to repin them which kinda sucks.
  14. Fraysa

Interesting. I’d like to also retrofit this some day but I don’t know the part numbers or how much labor it requires. anyways, I contacted two of the AliExpress vendors for wiring diagrams for the sunroof connection. Maybe this will give us a hint. I also contacted ZERO815 which might have...
  15. Fraysa

Looking good. Seems like you have the door ambient light. Is it factory or did you retrofit it?
  16. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

I was actually looking for the PIN numbers on the connectors so I know where to connect the ESC off/SET! Tires buttons :-). If you happen to know them.
  17. Fraysa

I think the original spot is under the shade, I'm not sure. I don't have any reference and couldn't find anything online. I think it goes straight to the BCM, but I could be wrong. I'm not sure if the BCM even supports it, as I don't know the pinouts for this. If it doesn't, we can simply...
  18. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

Exactly. I think you're from the US so you have LHD car. On RHD cars, the left side grommet above the footwell is actually clean. On LHD cars, it's filled with tons of wires and you can barely poke anything in it. The space is very limited and I'm honestly not sure how I'm going to do it. Side...
  19. Fraysa

Interesting. I'm going to go to my car now to try to enable the adaptations to see if it does something. I believe it will show the roof lighting menu on my MMI, but I don't think the BCM has a pinout for this. I will also check if I have the same slots and update here. EDIT: So, after...
  20. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

Glad to hear you got your sensors installed! I actually already had 4 rear sensors cut as the previous owner installed aftermarket sensors through the dealer. In Israel, they install "Cobra" type sensors which are flush just like the genuine ones and they are the same size so the new sensor fit...