GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

A2B Motorsports RS3 Brushless LPFP FWD & AWD

sucks that basically on any platform once you start messing with fuel pumps the reliabilty often takes a hit, i keep making this mistake over and over on various fast cars i've built. glad you guys and EQT are working it out
  2. B

How loud in injen evolution from the outside

remove the weather stripping from back of the hood makes it more loud and ricey
  3. B

Performance pack discs and pads recommendations?

i did not like my endless mx72 pads, and the pagid yellows are awesome but pretty aggressive for the street. after trying a few different pads I actually found the fairly cheap stoptech sport pads were the best for me and have not been able to fade them on the street ever and my car is at...
  4. B

Neuspeed Is38 Front Mount Intercooler - $400

this comes with everything you get from Neuspeed to install this and it was on my car and taken off and all parts were put in a box. EQT did the install and removal so I can't speak to the exact stuff but this has everything you need for a clean install. agreed $400 for this seems like a great...
  5. B

My TPC20 Turbo Build...

my car picked up ~70whp going from 91 octanet to E50 on Ed's dyno
  6. B

LITTCO Hybrid Options

mine has been reliable now for like 15k miles on L380x turbo making 460+whp and car runs great, but a EQT Vortex turbo is the same price and has better spool and also makes more power. if i was doing it again i'd go with eqt vortex
  7. B

Neuspeed Is38 Front Mount Intercooler - $400

was only used for 5k miles before I went to a bigger intercooler in preparation for a larger hybrid turbo in the future in perfect condition, very high quality, my car made 458whp through this intercooler on a mild is38x turbo setup and had great IAT control run after run. when I upgraded my...
  8. B

My TPC20 Turbo Build...

this is another reason why I try to go with proven stuff, if i was doing my car again I'd go with an EQT turbo for sure, the way handled the early issues he had with the first batch of turbos back was first class, you pay for both the product and the customer service. i see zero reason to get...
  9. B

FMIC worth it?

the apr intercooler in the stock location is best. that being said I had neuspeed is38 FMIC and made 460whp through it with a very very mild hybrid turbo so if you're doing the install work yourself the fmic is way easier to install
  10. B

Looking for a Tuner

this is truth and what i did
  11. B

Neuspeed Is38 Front Mount Intercooler - $400 - San Francisco Pickup

still have this for sale somehow, if someone comes and gets it I will throw in some ECS spacers and other random good mk7 stuff i have around
  12. B

AMS Intercooler

i disagree it works as well as APR or the other larger mass intercoolers.
  13. B

AMS Intercooler

i would not run a CTS product if given for free, their customer support and support of the industry is so bad it is offensive, and the mass and design also looks inferior to me as well. no reason to choose CTS over unitronic or APR from what i can see. I would also note that I believe the...
  14. B

AMS Intercooler

nah, larger downpipe could only help Hoon on this point, other people have reported improvements as well when going to larger downpipe
  15. B

AMS Intercooler

yeah, i think you're misunderstanding what is going on here.....
  16. B

AMS Intercooler

DAYYYUMMMMM this is going to be epic with 35+ psi and a man tire on there. I would not be surprised if you sneak into a 6.9x on a cold day with dead hook traction.
  17. B

AMS Intercooler

I agree with Diggs that with an is20 or is38 almost any intercooler will work great but once you start pushing things with a hybrid the weaknesses start becoming more apparent. the APR one is larger with more mass than the unitronic.
  18. B

AMS Intercooler

aweseome information Hoon, thanks for sharing. Too many people don't look at the data. After looking through countless logs and doing lots of research I ended up going with the APR intercooler, and if i was on a budget and doing the work myself and staying with a smaller turbo then I'd...
  19. B

500+ whp GTI

would be awesome to see some trap speeds also, even if not launching it real hard and rolling into 2nd gear I bet your trap speeds will be gnarly
  20. B

500+ whp GTI

wow, that is an epic torque curve. 400 wheel torque at like 3600rpm is awesome.