GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Not sure why they have you remove glovebox. I never had to to replace head unit. In the first paragraph of the DIY post, I put a link from Vortex that shows exact steps for removing head unit.
  2. G

How about digging through the DIY article on page 1 in the removing CP and installing FeC section? "Jack Kirry is contacted through Skype, his username is jacekk993."
  3. G

Driving Modes Activation Document 5G0054809

I do not have as I sold back in 2018. It is the same process as installing any FeC, should have information on doing in the MIB1 to MIB2 DIY thread.
  4. G

What do you miss from your previous car?

Rear wheel drive. My wife still has the car a 2006 325i so I can drive. It is not nearly as fun or quick as the GTI, but rear drive is a different experience.
  5. G

Liked my GTI over an R. Am I crazy?

IMO, you're "batshit". I say this if you are just comparing the vehicles and not factoring money. The R has the difference in price in upgrades so for me it is the better value going in, but the difference is not enough for me to take the financial hit of trading in and purchasing. I purchased...
  6. G

Yes, that is what I was referring to a reboot. From this post https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/reverse-camera-installation-vcds-coding-and-other-info.319776/ check that bit 4 of Byte 19 is selected which is rear view camera installed. "1. Using the VCDS diagnostic device, open...
  7. G

First, congratulations on getting as far as you have. My first guess would be that you did not toggle a bit letting your head unit know that you have a rear camera installed. This would mean that the car the new head unit came out of a vehicle that did not have a rear camera and was coded this...
  8. G

Can anyone tell me where the auxiliary water pump is located on my gti mk7 2015

It is reached from the bottom on the MKV GTI https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Volkswagen_Golf_GTI_Mk_V/33-WATER-Electric_Coolant_Pump_Replacement/33-WATER-Electric_Coolant_Pump_Replacement.htm I have never noticed or looked around for mine, but the noise when it is running does not...
  9. G

Where DO I Install This Part??

This thread has the o-ring mentioned, it states 44mm x 2mm: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/oil-around-filler-cap.347218/page-6 My cap leaked and the dealer replaced cap under warranty. This was some 40K miles ago and no recurrance.
  10. G

WTB: intercooler, $$ reward for leads to a deal

So under $300 for a highly reviewed huge intercooler is not a deal? https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/magic-majesty-ebay-16-4-liter-intercooler.348009/
  11. G

Mobil 1 Rebate

Got my $20 today. So my timeline is submitted on 4/5, approved on 4/17, paid on 5/27.
  12. G

need help deciding on keeping 2015 or upgrade to newer

I too have an early 15 purchased in 2014. No way would I sell it. I know it is a good car as no problems, rattles, etc. Not going to chance getting a problem car along with car payment as it is paid off. I have it dialed in with $10K of nice mods, MIB2 infotainment unit, etc. No way, love the car.
  13. G

Cracked windshield after wiper replacement?

That's messed up. I would bring it to their attention and see if they take responsibility.
  14. G

Help Needed - OEM Install of Front Brakes - Missing Banjo Bolt

Consider removing banjo bolt from side you have and go to local auto parts store and marry up with what they have. My local O'Reilly has a couple in stock all others are one day order; $5 to $6 is price.
  15. G

Mobil 1 Rebate

Congrats, I am still waiting. Submitted on 4/5 and was approved 4/17. However, I have still not received payment. The website states payment up to 45 days from approval.
  16. G

Where is the trip information stored

To get the new or used ECU to work, the immobilizer would need to be set up with a connection to the VW mothership and the VIN is then associated with the new ECU when programmed and stored in FAZIK the VW database. It can be done by a dealer or anyone who has a VW account authorized by VW to do...
  17. G

Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating

Thanks for the heads up. I have been a fan of Klasse polymers, both their all in one and their sealant as it lasts for 5 to 6 months. Anything to cut down the maintenace. This Turtle Wax product looks promising and doesn't break the bank.
  18. G

A sad day indeed

You going to tell us what the new adventure entails? Moving to Antartica or buying another car, do tell.
  19. G

Mk7 high miles

65K miles on my 2015 GTI SE. Only issue was a bad coil at 40K miles. My wife drives my 325i BMW. I still drive my 97 Civic HX that I purchased new as I am trying to get 1/2 million miles; currently at 418K and it runs like new as I am not bad with a wrench. Another similar, but dated...
  20. G

Trailer hitch and towing

Hard to understand why the Golf is rated at 1500Kg and GTI and R is 0KG. I would not have any problem towing a load. http://www.towingcapacity.co.uk/car-make-model/volkswagen/volkswagen-golf/ Some pics of MK7 GTI's towing...