GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. H

Official Carbon Steel Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

Just finished doing all 4 corners for brakes and put on a mint set of used Prets that I was lucky to find. Cell phone pics don’t do it justice! The stance is perfect. (Eibach prokit springs, 10mm spacer front, 15mm spacer rear)
  2. H

SOLD: OEM VW Goal Wheels

GLWS! What did you get for replacements?
  3. H

Oil change discrepancy

That’s a great explanation. Thanks for the insight!
  4. H

OEM 19inch Pretoria on MK7 GTI

10mm front and 15mm back. Gives the exact same poke as 15mm front and 20mm back (ECS flush kit) with Austin’s.
  5. H

Oil change discrepancy

Yes mine says the same. 6 quarts = 5.7 litres. It seems close enough that it’s probably not a big deal. I’ve never seen this on any of my other cars that I’ve owned so I thought maybe it was a “GTI-ism” that I wasn’t aware of.
  6. H

Oil change discrepancy

Just completed my oil change and the level was reading a bit off afterwards. I wanted to get as much old oil out as possible so I let it drain for a good 45 minutes while I had lunch and took the time to syringe out the oil that pools in the filter housing bottom. I filled it with 5.7 litres as...
  7. H

Vancouver Chat Thread

Hey Clem, I ended up finding a caliper tool on amazon for $19 so I grabbed it. Thanks for the offer though! Did you notice any difference going to a high flow filter? ( I believe you have the block off plate too). I’m Unitronic stage 1 on completely stock intake still and trying to decide which...
  8. H

ECS rotors?

Well as I dig deeper into my research more and more signs are pointing to going with blank rotors. It seems like it might not be worth it to spend a bunch of extra money on drilled rotors that provide no extra benefit and my be prone to cracking or causing noise, which kills me a little bit...
  9. H

Continental DWS 06 for sale

Also have these tires and would give them a top notch endorsement. Had great traction in recent snow storm. GLWS
  10. H

Vancouver Chat Thread

Awesome thanks man! Probably won't be doing the job until the spring so I'll send you a message then. Would love to see your car in person too!
  11. H

Vancouver Chat Thread

Anybody know of a place to borrow or rent a rear caliper tool around the lower mainland?
  12. H

ECS rotors?

I’m not a super aggressive driver, just daily driving with the odd spirited moment. Super wet winters where I live and I’m wanting an “upgraded” look, so sounds like drilled only might be the way to go for me. Thanks for all the input so far!
  13. H

Split Spoke/"Tuning fork" Wheels, Looking for more options

I saw those on Craigslist too. Super tempting. Post pics once you got them installed!
  14. H

ECS rotors?

Those look great! (and expensive). You can really feel the slots under braking? That seems like a pretty obvious major design flaw no?
  15. H

Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs Review | '17 GTI SE

I have the Eibach pro kits as well and I can second that the drop is perfect and ride is very slightly more harsh but very livable for daily driving, especially with the DCC. After over a year I'm still very happy with them.
  16. H

ECS rotors?

Almost time to do brakes on my 2015 PP. Looking to go for slotted or drilled rotors (mostly for looks tbh) and want good quality without spending a fortune. Anybody have any experience with these ECS rotors? I have their flush kit spacers on the car now and I'm happy with the quality of those...
  17. H

This rattle will be the death of me...

This rattle will be the death of me...SOLVED! (hopefully) Been fighting to find the source of a rattle for months now. So far I’ve lost all the battles but I’m determined to win the war. I first went to the googles and found the great post on the A pillar rattle and how-to fix. Got that all...
  18. H

Oil/DSG service

Will be needing an oil change and DSG service done soon. Looking for any recommendations on where to go (dealer or otherwise) for best price/overall service based on your experience. Thanks!
  19. H

19" wheels...would you do it again?

Looking for input from anyone running 19" wheels... I am looking for a second set of wheels for my GTI and never really had 19's on my radar, but a really good deal has popped up locally on a set of VMR V710FF 19" I know the biggest issue with going 19" is usually the weight, but these flow...
  20. H

WTB: 2 Austins - rims only

Unfortunately my wife introduced 2 of our rims to the curb yesterday, so I'm looking for 2 austins to replace them. Preferably in good condition with no rash. I live in Vancouver, Canada but have a shipping box in Blaine, WA. Thanks!