GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. O

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

Has anyone ever done a professionally installed floor coating? I've always done epoxy coating myself, but it typically needs to be fixed every 4-6 years. I am getting a quote from a place that offers a lifetime warranty. Just curious if anyone else has used them or something similar and what...
  2. O

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Held up great while I had them. I also have vinyl on my Austin's and that is going on 3 years with no issues.
  3. O

Black out the center section with vinyl. Totally transforms the wheel.
  4. O

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

100% agree on the Neuspeed wheels. I don't want to sound like a fan boy for them, but I love mine. They're not super flush, but the offset is just right in my opinion.
  5. O

Thank you. After 2 company moves and having to buy houses on a tight schedule, we're finally getting to build what we want, where we want.
  6. O

If we all pitch in like $5, I think it could cover a new shed. Support your moderators! Haha. But seriously, I've seen much dumber causes collect a lot of money on those donation sites. Start one, make it funny, maybe it'll go viral. My new garage (the house part is definitely my wife's) is...
  7. O

You're pretty close, it goes spacer, rings, wheel, extended lugs. A threaded wheel hanger will make it all a lot easier to assemble. As for conical vs spherical lugs, it depends on the wheel. VW uses spherical for their factory wheels and so do a few aftermarket wheel makers (Neuspeed for...
  8. O

This makes me hyperventilate. You poor, poor man. Can we help? A garage organizer GoFundMe campaign?
  9. O

If you're looking for overhead space, I just discovered the existence of compact openers that run off the torsion bar. I'll be putting these in my next garage to free up all the overhead for storage racks. Chamberlain RJO20
  10. O

They're pretty high quality. As long as the installer put it on correctly, you should have no issues.
  11. O

Moving out of the old house today. I feel bad that I spent so much time cleaning it in prep for the move and it still looks like there is junk everywhere. It was a good garage though, loved the extra storage space for my work bench.
  12. O

You must trust your dealership a lot more than I trust the ones I've dealt with...
  13. O

What makes you think they wouldn't still charge you for a plug when using an extractor?
  14. O

"Rain isn't dirty, dirt is dirty" Never feel bad about washing it.
  15. O

Progress, slow and steady...
  16. O

If you're current or ex military, you can get an AP direct from Cobb for the same price as a used one too. They have a great military discount.
  17. O

Finally got around to putting my summer wheels and tires on. Luckily, I noticed I had picked up a nail in one and got it patched before mounting it. Definitely turned a 30 minute job into a 2hr errand though.
  18. O

O2 is only disabled if they disable it in the tune. The AP will show "not ready" or something similar if the tune has it disabled. My custom Stage 2 tune with spacer has it enabled and passes emissions with the spacer I have.
  19. O

Personal preference, but I'd take newer with high mileage over older low mileage. Age and electrical issues will kill a modern car before mileage in most cases.