GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Chogokin

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Anyone here build a Polymer 80 Glock frame?
  2. Chogokin

EPC & Over heating

I bought a generic OBD dongle off Amazon for under $20 on Prime Day. Then bought the Torque app for I think $5. Lol...crazy how cheap these are now.
  3. Chogokin

EPC & Over heating

If you get a OBD reader (dongle that plugs into your OBD port) and download an app to your phone. That should tell you the real time coolant temp.
  4. Chogokin

Looking for Bilstein B14 Opinions

I have the B14 for about 18k now. I have mine set where the lower control arms are parallel to the ground. For "street" coilovers...they ride pretty good. What I do like about them is that I can set the ride height prettymuch were I like it. Coilovers have a range where they typically work...
  5. Chogokin

Socal FS/ FT/ WTB Thread

How much?
  6. Chogokin

Socal FS/ FT/ WTB Thread

Which version of the Aerofabb splitter?
  7. Chogokin

Looking for more

Lol...this happened to me right when I got the car. I had no idea what was happening. Felt like I got rear ended.
  8. Chogokin

APR No Longer Providing Stage 2 Tunes After Labour Day. Other Tuners to Follow

So how will this affect the UK and EU made downpipes? Will they be banned from import? Wagner, Milltek, Bull X, Remus, Scorpion...etc.
  9. Chogokin

In California from 2019...if your car is less than four (I think its four) years old...you can pay a $20 "smog abatement" fee annually and not have to smog for 8 years.
  10. Chogokin

Couldn't people do "homebrew" tunes from their garage for the COBB? There are a number of the smaller guys that probably started in or are still basically in their garage. Same with downpipes. Someone can build them in their garage and sell them...without any official business license.
  11. Chogokin

Saw this on a local Mk7 FB page, https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/national-compliance-initiative-stopping-aftermarket-defeat-devices-vehicles-and-engines?fbclid=IwAR0M1juYYMYKcyePMOxfLnXaiB8WJ2TH10YeVMYI3RRMMUULM_Qyh5gwhps
  12. Chogokin

No downpipes are legal. I think Magnaflow and Borla might have some CARB approved cats in limited applications. Burger Tuning is forbidden from selling their JB units in California...but you can still buy them from out of state from third party vendors. Neuspeed discontinued their downpipes a...
  13. Chogokin

Oettinger Front Grill/Headlights - dealer USA?

Looks good. The red strips come off the stock grill?
  14. Chogokin

The grill is $509 through PG Performance in Canada. Another $193 for the eyelids :LOL: .
  15. Chogokin

That grill looks pretty good. Can't seem to order from Alibaba though.
  16. Chogokin

Immigrants

Mk7's are finally really coming down in price. The people that couldn't really get them new...are picking them up now. The So Cal Facebook pages got new members joining every day. Mostly asking about tunes and suspension.
  17. Chogokin

Need help with tire stretch size!

225 40 if you want some mild stretch. I don't recommend going beyond that is because the 8.5 isn't a super wide rim. The whole point of the Germans "stretching" tires back in the day is to get the tread inside the wheel arches on some really wide rims or aggressive offsets. You can run as narrow...
  18. Chogokin

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

So I got the o2 sensor code. Now I do have a downpipe...but the reason I'm asking here is because it started happening with the JB4. I ran the DP with the Neuspeed module for about 900 miles with no CEL. The JB4 went for about 200 miles...then the CEL came on. I cleared it...then within about 70...
  19. Chogokin

Oil changes during covid

Just get an oil extractor. Easy peasy. I went under the car for the first one. Second and now third were both done with an extractor. Don't need to move the car.
  20. Chogokin

Aftermarket DSG Knob?

Do they light up? It'd be awesome if they're illuminated...Tron style.