GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Carlosfandang0

Comprehensive Golf MK8 Reviews & Discussions

But they do have NON PROJECTOR led headlight that is on the base models, this will be used in leu of halogen, the led projector iQ lights are optional equipment on the currently available models in Europe and may also only be available as an option on the NAR GTI.
  2. Carlosfandang0

Comprehensive Golf MK8 Reviews & Discussions

There was only something like 300 new vehicles sold last month in the UK (across all brands), Covid19 and lockdown, this is the issue they are having at the moment!
  3. Carlosfandang0

2015 MK7 gti noise

Are you able to build the revs very slowly and reach a spot where the sound keeps happening if the revs are held? If so post another video of it. 👍
  4. Carlosfandang0

2020 GTI mk8

I wouldn’t bother, I dropped my GTI for service at the dealership earlier and got to have a good look at a couple of Mk8 golfs (style trim) they had in the showroom, 🤢🤮 the interior was not nice at all, and In person the front looks worse than in the pictures, even though the mk8 GTi will no...
  5. Carlosfandang0

Driving tips for a newbie

Reading your post reminded me of of this guy, Rob Wilson, He coaches many current F1 drivers, and does so in more down to Earth ways than many would think, https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/driving-tips-man-coaches-f1-stars/
  6. Carlosfandang0

Checking in on our European members

The UK is also counting all suspected covid deaths as well as confirmed ones, if someone dies of a heart attack here while they are proven to have covid, they are claiming covid as the cause of death, if covid is even mentioned on the death certificate they are adding it to the tally, the...
  7. Carlosfandang0

2020 GTI mk8

It’s not faux carbon!! It’s honeycomb!!
  8. Carlosfandang0

Suggestions for securing ACC sensor to prevent it from being stolen again!

Other than parking in front of something, I don’t see what can be done!
  9. Carlosfandang0

2020 GTI mk8

Incase anybody is interested, this is where the onboard footage was filmed, VW’s Ehra-lessien test facility in Germany, including (amongst every other surface and configuration imaginable) a 5.4mile straight with massive banked sections at either end. And how Bugatti make use of the fastest...
  10. Carlosfandang0

2020 GTI mk8

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/volkswagen/golfgti/42415
  11. Carlosfandang0

2020 GTI mk8

I dunno, the GTi looks pretty good here if you ask me! This pic was taken on the VW test track, even though the GTI seen here is being referred to as a prototype it looks like it could be the full production version, in that it looks more finished than other pictures I’ve seen, I’m not one for...
  12. Carlosfandang0

Best practice using a battery maintainer!

Thanks, yeah, there is definitely a negative tab separate from the battery on the golf, there’s not one for positive though I believe, I’ve been looking at the NOCO 1 and will likely buy one.
  13. Carlosfandang0

Best practice using a battery maintainer!

Should a battery maintainer/trickle charger be connected straight to both battery poles? Or should the negative go to the tab connected to the body? Any other tips for connecting one of these? Is it ok to leave the battery connected to the car? Thanks. EDIT: should have said that the car also...
  14. Carlosfandang0

Stalling and Cranking - No resolution

My mk6 issue was intermittent too and was resolved with the filter replacement.
  15. Carlosfandang0

Stalling and Cranking - No resolution

The filter is part of the in tank fuel pump and cannot be replaced separately of the pump.
  16. Carlosfandang0

Is there anyway to deactivate the auto stop/start?

Once fitted, If you have already switched S/S OFF, this device virtually presses the S/S button each time you start the car and keeps the system switched of, or if you switch S/S ON it will NOT virtually press the button until you next switch S/S off, also, if you press and hold the button (5...
  17. Carlosfandang0

Is there anyway to deactivate the auto stop/start?

I have a memory module fitted from 4gochip.com, http://www.4gochip.com/443433950 it works great, here is a similar item on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223974245071 I didn’t disassemble the centre console! I simply removed the button and fitted all wires (including 12v+) behind the switch.