GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

Mss track kit VS H&R vtf kit

Besides the canceller issues, how does the ride and handling compare? Is the ride better, worse, about the same? Handling I am sure is better once you get it tuned, but is it significantly better or just marginally better? I kind of feel the same way, I want to make this car better than it was...
  2. E

Agreed, also I read where someone bought one and could not get it to work as it created all sorts of error codes. Apparently they had gotten it to work on some other VAG car (Audi TT I believe) and just assumed it would be plug and play with the Golf R. However, if they can get it to work on...
  3. E

Normally I would agree, but I did not do this for it to feel "sporty", I did it to fix what was a serious issue for the type of driving I do. Based on where and how I drive, I was bottoming out the stock suspension almost daily, and it was an under steering pig, I truly hated the stock...
  4. E

Tires cupping

I was not disputing your claim of cupping, just that I could not really see it in your pics. Folks were commenting as if they could see something and I was just curious what they were seeing that I could not. So your last car also had tire cupping issues? What caused that? Have you had a road...
  5. E

The problem with this car is limited suspension travel. So when you try to go with a "comfortable" spring rate, the weight of this car causes it to bottom out far to easily, and if you lower the ride height further reducing suspension travel... This car does not exactly ride great stock IMO...
  6. E

Unfortunately no, when fully compressed they add about an inch of height, so if you installed these you would not get a desirable ride height. If you try to use a shorter main spring to compensate for that added height it limits the spring travel and that can (and does) cause the spring to...
  7. E

I am running 475 front and 550 rear
  8. E

Tires cupping

Right, usually there is a pattern of some sort, that is why I asked. The OP claims he has cupping and then posts pics of what to my eye looks to be a perfectly good evenly worn tire with one smudge mark, that could have been caused by someone touching it with greasy hands as far as I can tell...
  9. E

I should be around Thursday, give me a call and we can try to work something out. Eric 817-903-6625

I should be around Thursday, give me a call and we can try to work something out. Eric 817-903-6625
  10. E

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

From Houston? I am in DFW area, but if that works you let me know.
  11. E

Tires cupping

Perhaps this is just my lack of tire expertise, but I am not entirely sure I can see what the OP is even talking about from these two pictures. The tire is so symmetrical I can't even tell which side is the inside and out. I have seen cupped tires before, and usually there are multiple spots and...
  12. E

Sorry I don't, but if there is someone in my area that wants to try a test fit... I am in Grapevine TX.
  13. E

Konig Rennform's do need a 5 mm spacer for a perfect fit. I started with a 10 mm spacer and found it was unnecessary, and that the caliper actually looks better when it is closer to the wheel. Stock Golf R Pretoria's 19 x 8 ET 50 fit perfectly with just a 10 mm spacer. I almost sold these...
  14. E

Well it is not that simple, the shorter springs they provide are designed to give the desired ride height range already, so if you go with a longer spring you would also have to go much softer which defeats the purpose of the upgrade in the first place. This is also why you cannot add a helper...
  15. E

Best spark plugs + Coil packs?

Some might think this is a joke, but they really do have to be matched, I read if the shade of red is off by even just a little bit you will lose HP and could seriously damage your engine. The matched sets cost a lot more, but you know how it is, you get what you pay for. You might also want to...
  16. E

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

I don't think you can, not with the 66 mm thick one anyway, and not with any other thick IC either, there just isn't that much room, not unless you are prepared to do some sort of modification. From what I can see that upgraded radiator is at least 16 mm thicker than stock. So you could do it if...
  17. E

Best spark plugs + Coil packs?

I have been using Brisk and they seem fine, other than the fact that they don't last long and need to be re-gaped about every 5K. So these new ruthenium I take it have similar benefits and last longer needing less maintenance? Have you had them in long? Any noticeable wear?
  18. E

Motul DCTF or Pentosin (OEM) FFL-2 for DSG Fluid?

I also use Motul DCTF, been using it for about 25,000 miles now and it seems to work great, in fact getting ready to change it out again soon. You do need to do the DSG adaptation reset after replacing the DSG oil, but that should be done whenever you put fresh oil in the DSG regardless of what...
  19. E

Going insane.Need Help. 2019 R Left turns from stop "tire gripping" / grinding sound with vibration

It could possibly be your steering rack or tie rod symmetry (both are very easy to check), or it could just be circumstantial. These cars come with very stiff low profile high performance tires, and even though they don't require high temperatures to achieve optimum grip and slip angle, they do...
  20. E

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

Yes, lots of us have the bar and plate version, it works great. Bar and plate is supposed to be better for flow, cooling, and durability. As I understand it most manufacturers use tube and fin for the same reason they use plastic end caps, because they are cheaper and lighter, but not...