GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ChrisMk77

Possible engine failure

I agree that it would have been a good idea to go through the car before getting retuned.
  2. ChrisMk77

Possible engine failure

Alex from Stratified had huge issues tuning this car with massive knock from a couple of logs Ive seen and made over 40 revisions, that will defenitly take its toll over time.
  3. ChrisMk77

Mk8 GTi TCR brakes

We are talking about the GTI TCR, the most track focused golf that is supposed to compete with CTRs and Megan RS Trophy-R.
  4. ChrisMk77

Mk8 GTi TCR brakes

Why the hell are they not using the Cupra R calipers, cheap bastards. 😒
  5. ChrisMk77

Possible engine failure

Sorry for losing the engine, was it nr4 that was wet? Looks like some of those plugs have been broken for a while, did it always knock during the Strat tuning?
  6. ChrisMk77

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

No but it can be reassigned the correct part number by Cobb for 150 dollars if unmarried.
  7. ChrisMk77

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

They have different gearing, launch control and modes behavior so tune needs to be adjusted and tested so it works as intended on our cars.
  8. ChrisMk77

Possible engine failure

Damn that sucks, I would start with borescope for obvious damage then compression and leakdown tests if everything looks fine. Also dump the oil and check it, the filter and housing with a flashlight for metal fragments.
  9. ChrisMk77

My TPC20 Turbo Build...

Get mpi and have them upgrade to a flexfuel tune since UM still seems to not tune for HPFP upgrade. Heatsoak looks to have cut timing advance, not sure how UM tunes acts but EQTs will start to hold back on timing advance from 90f.
  10. ChrisMk77

RX 550 Turbo 533 whp

Thats a nice meaty power band, poor stock motor 😄
  11. ChrisMk77

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Ah ok sorry my mistake and congratz lol :)
  12. ChrisMk77

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Get that turbo a real tune already, sure it makes more power per psi compared to a is20 but mine boosts 1-6psi more and have 8-10 degrees more timing through the rpm range on E40.
  13. ChrisMk77

How do I know if my Golf R has OPF?

Look behind oil filler cap if you have a OPF control box.
  14. ChrisMk77

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

The NA 2019s runs richer than older GTIs, my Euro 7.5 performance was always somewhere inbetween. https://datazap.me/u/chrismk77/jb4-map6-7psi?log=0&data=1-4-18&zoom=237-300
  15. ChrisMk77

If that is pure pump ACN91 you are really lucky, probably higher than 10% ethanol in that pump.
  16. ChrisMk77

Ign 1 shows cyl. 1 timing advance and correction, you want a smooth curve without hard drops of several degrees indicating knock. Ign 2-4 shows cyl 2-4 corrections and should ideally stay at 0, if you get longer timing pulls with 2-3 degrees or more and/or on multiple cylinders you should adjust...
  17. ChrisMk77

Post up, that would be some freak ACN91 if no timing corrections.
  18. ChrisMk77

M4 vs Dbv2 Audi vs Vette

He should contact Nisse Järnet from https://www.dkgecu.com/ His awd turbo m50 dct E30 is pretty rowdy :D
  19. ChrisMk77

And how does the logs look?