GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

MK7 GTI service intervals

Oil change, DSG service, spark plugs, whatever inspections they typically do for the 40K service, and sunroof drain cleaning.
  2. C

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

Do we need the diffusor?
  3. C

How to check for tune?

I thought that only started with 2019 models.
  4. C

What was the total then if you don't mind me asking?
  5. C

How to check for tune?

Did you give it the beans and see if it feels unusually fast? That may be hard to judge if you've never driven a stock GTI before.
  6. C

Need Pricing Help

Like someone else wrote your mods actually decrease the value of the car. The only way to sell it for decent amount will be to remove them or try to find an enthusiast looking for that kind of setup.
  7. C

buying GTI - couple questions

Close to $4,000 off what it should have been selling for at the time based on it being a 2018 and the mileage.
  8. C

So this is the best way to order the muffler but expect to have a large shipping charge whenever they send it out?
  9. C

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

Yes they did fix it. The most recent discussion was about inventory they are now selling from original owners who returned them as "lemons" and have branded titles. That greatly reduces their resale value but yours is fine.
  10. C

I have seen quite a few Rabbit Editions pop up on Carvana (usually labeled as the S trim). Pretty much any GTI they list on there sells within a couple hours of being posted. I got a crazy deal on my SE from them about a year ago because they mistakenly labeled it as an S due to the plaid seats lol
  11. C

VW Badge Origin?

Yeah my GTI is the same color as yours and I would never go with black or dark wheels.
  12. C

How to check for tune?

Well I got a pretty crazy deal on my GTI from Carvana, almost a year ago now. I was worried about what the previous owner may have done to it so during the 7-day return period I took it to my local VW dealer and asked for a PPI. That cost me about $50. I also asked them to check if it was tuned...
  13. C

How to check for tune?

Since you said in another thread the dealer put the CPO tag on it hopefully they checked for tunes. It "should" be a part of that process.
  14. C

There are quite a few on stock GTIs if you search YouTube.
  15. C

Did you try the 7-speed DSG in sport mode? Even the 6-speed DSG in normal mode tries it's hardest to lug the engine around town. When I think I am going to want more power I typically just tap the shifter down to switch to sport mode temporarily.
  16. C

VW Badge Origin?

Oh wow that is interesting! They didn't let you keep the aftermarket wheels as well did they?
  17. C

OBDeleven engine on or off?

In most of the vids I've seen people only turn on the power/accessories. I noticed when doing scans they seem to be faster with the engine running. Is this because everything is receiving more power with the engine is running? What is the proper way to apply changes? I wonder if you use an app...
  18. C

Any info on Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate?

Interesting, I wonder if you order them now you get the rebate that expires 7/6, a few days before they will be available.
  19. C

FS: Konig Rennforms 17X8 et 45 Southern Wisc.

Oh sorry I forgot about your reply lol. I need to take some pics to post them on FB so will put a couple here at the same time.
  20. C

MK7 GTI service intervals

I had mine done at the dealer and the total was about $500 with their "employee pricing" special while we were on safer at home orders. I asked around here and someone paid more at an independent shop so it seemed like a great deal. Since you have quite a few miles to go keep an eye out for...