GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. JerseyDrew77

500+ whp GTI

I think I will wait till I have all the parts to build my block before I take it to the 1/4 mile strip, you know, just in case. I have already started purchasing the parts so I should have everything that I would need by September/October time frame. I also don't have an LSD on my car.
  2. JerseyDrew77

Mk8 GTi TCR brakes

If they make them with a slotted version rotor, I'd go with that.
  3. JerseyDrew77

DKM Twin Disk Clutch

Motul Gear 300.
  4. JerseyDrew77

500+ whp GTI

I have yet to floor it from a dig. It all comes down to 3 things and I will list them from top priority, down: 1. Your tuner/tune 2. Tires 3. Suspension mods including engine mounts
  5. JerseyDrew77

500+ whp GTI

Lol... Hey, when you have Ed for your tuner, you can do things like that.
  6. JerseyDrew77

500+ whp GTI

It hooked right up without any wheel spin or chirp. Did it on the highway, roughly around 30 minutes ago, and 3rd at 4k rpms had me around 62 - 63 mph, floored it and she took right off without any issues.. Even tried it in 4th gear, which put me over 70 mph, floored it and she took right off.
  7. JerseyDrew77

Quebster's Built/Ported 2015 GTI S 6MT - The Good, the Bad, and the End

No, not at all. I'm sure around this time next year it will be TPC on the crucifying list, just like EQT last year and DBV2 this year.
  8. JerseyDrew77

Why not? People with other turbo brands do. I'd rather have true info being spread throughout the internet for all brands than false info.
  9. JerseyDrew77

I've seen Twist's. IIRC, he had some other issue that cause it to fail.
  10. JerseyDrew77

Losing fluids/water cooling HELP

OP, if you were losing coolant you would see a loss of coolant in your reservoir tank. If it's just water, then that's normal when using your AC.
  11. JerseyDrew77

DKM Twin Disk Clutch

I've had it for a couple of years now and love it! The abuse that I have given it, it takes it with ease. Your first 500 - 1000 miles your pedal is going to give you a leg workout but after it's broken in, it's just like the stock clutch. Also, I highly recommend getting a Fluidampr put on as it...
  12. JerseyDrew77

OBDeleven engine on or off?

You use OBDeleven and VCDS with just the ignition on and that's it.
  13. JerseyDrew77

Quebster's is the first that I've seen where a blade in a DBV2 broke off on its own. Every other issue that I've seen has been FOD, as much as people want to make jokes about it, in the end it wasn't the turbo's fault. I don't know why people are acting like all DBV2 turbos are falling apart...
  14. JerseyDrew77

Yes, it's happening too often across multiple vendors. Diggs, how the hell did you see that small ass bump? You got fucking hawk eyes? Quebster, that sucks man! That definitely is the last nail in the coffin. For your sake, your next car should be an NA engine. STAY AWAY FROM TURBOS!!!
  15. JerseyDrew77

ECS or Unitronic Intercooler

They do go on sale. I bought mine for $500, couple of years ago. I'm sure they will have a 4th of July sale for us Americans, or not.
  16. JerseyDrew77

ECS or Unitronic Intercooler

Neither one. CTS direct fit is what I have and it performs flawlessly. Every time I've had my car on the dyno, 3 different stages (FBO with no tune, then DBV2 with an E40 mix, then DBV2 with MPI), each pull was back to back and practically on top of one another. Well, with my MPI dyno time...
  17. JerseyDrew77

4th of July weekend.

I know the fireworks are cancelled but does anybody know of any car shows or cruises going on?
  18. JerseyDrew77

07/14 Build Date - Stage 2 or Stage 3?

Was the tech new? Crankwalk is nothing new. There are a couple of threads talking about it on this forum. A simple search on here will bring them up so that you can become well informed to school that tech that you talked to.
  19. JerseyDrew77

07/14 Build Date - Stage 2 or Stage 3?

What Diggs is trying to warn you about is that since your clutch stuck to the floor when you went to shift, with previous cars, that has been a good indication for crankwalk, especially with earlier models of the MK7. Crankwalk is a very pricey malfunction as it pretty much destroys your engine...
  20. JerseyDrew77

Full send it! Make that bitch cry!!!