GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

How do I know if my Golf R has OPF?

This is the underside of a European Seat Leon Cupra with an OPF (Otto Particulate Filter) that was posted over on VWROC.com a while back. The OPF is more commonly referred to as a GPF (Gasoline Particulate Filter). The Golf R with a GPF should look exactly the same.
  2. S

Universal Rally Armor Cut/Fit Help

I’m assuming it means it’s possible to fit the fronts with just the two fixings through the holes on the left hand side of the diagram. The ‘optional’ additional fittings would presumably provide extra support and make them more secure though. I might be completely wrong though.🤔
  3. S

2020 Golf R 8 revealed.

IMO that‘s a mich more successful front end design than the one we see on the mk8 Golf. The headlights are similar, but the outer section of the headlamp unit doesn’t ‘droop’ down like it does on the Golf. Also, the Tiguan’s deeper upper bumper looks much better than the narrow one on the Golf -...
  4. S

2020 Golf R 8 revealed.

@greekspec2; that’s an R-Line, which is an R wannabe or imitator. The R-Line model in the UK in the outgoing mk7.5 Golf model range had similar looks to the R, but much less power - engine choices were a 1.5 litre 150ps petrol engine or two diesel options - 1.6 115ps and 2.0 litre 150ps. We...
  5. S

2020 Golf R 8 revealed.

Yes, those wide body coloured diagonally angled sections that split the lower grille into three parts are fake. IMO it’s likely that the final production version of mk8 R’s front bumper and lower grille will be very similar to the one on the T-Roc R at the link below...
  6. S

Wing mirror not aligned on the door properly

I‘m wondering why you would need to remove the wing (fender) on the car to remove the door mirror. If you open the driver’s door, if your car is an earlier mk7, then there’ll be a black plastic plate covering the door mirror fixing screws / bolts like in the picture below; If your car...
  7. S

Slight vibration at higher speeds

https://www.balancemycar.co.uk/
  8. S

Liking any other VW Models?

Pretty much all the YouTube reviews of the T-Roc comment on the hard scratchy plastic interior trim on the T-Roc. I suppose at least soft touch plastics have been retained for the mk8 Golf, although that wouldn’t tempt me to buy one as there’s too much about it I don’t like.
  9. S

Yes, the interior plastics in R are the same as the rest of the T-Roc range - the door cards and top of the dashboard are hard scratchy plastic. Even Audi which is considered to be the ‘premium‘ brand of the four VAG brands (Audi, VW Seat and Skoda) in Europe and the UK are now fitting hard...
  10. S

Ha ha, no such luck getting the R. It wasn’t even an R-Line. It was the Design model with a lowly 1.5 150ps (148bhp) engine and 6 speed manual gearbox.
  11. S

Agree, it looks OK. I had one to use for a day as a courtesy car earlier this year while my car was being serviced. The interior quality is definitely a step down from the mk7 and mk7.5 Golf though - all the interior plastics are hard and scratchy. It drove and handled OK though.
  12. S

There’s not too much in VW’s current model range I like. I’m in the UK so the choices are a little different - especially at the lower end of VW’s range as we have the up! city car (yes, it’s spelled with a lower case ‘u’ and an exclamation mark :)) and the Polo. VW’s range does seem to be...
  13. S

FOR SALE: new genuine 19” Spielbergs - no tyres

Interestingly, those wheels are known as Englishtown in some non-UK markets.. Worth being aware that the finish on diamond cut alloys is quite prone to damage by poorly maintained tyre changing equipment and inexperienced tyre fitters. Before the tyre fitter removes the tyres, inform them that...
  14. S

I’ve read - think it was on this forum - that the mk7 Golf seems to be susceptible to wheel imbalance and vibrations if the lug bolts aren’t tightened in the correct (star shaped) sequence, so maybe that’s something for the OP to consider.
  15. S

That was my first thought - maybe aftermarket wheels that aren’t hub centric are causing the vibration issue.
  16. S

MK7 Golf GT TDI - Light assist, ACC and front assist all not working?

@esoteric118; are you sure the A with the strike through (top right on the MFD) relates to auto light assist? I don’t have auto light assist on my car but the A with the strike through appears on my MFD when either a) I manually switch off the engine Stop Start function or b) Stop Start isn’t...
  17. S

Comprehensive Golf MK8 Reviews & Discussions

COVID-19 will be a hugely significant factor in the lack of mk8 Golf sales, as all UK dealership showrooms were closed from March 23rd to June 1st and the first mk8 cars didn’t arrive in showrooms until around mid March. That period of dealership closures is reflected in the UK new car sales...
  18. S

Comprehensive Golf MK8 Reviews & Discussions

IMO that lower front grille makes the front end look just plain ugly. 🤮. I don’t think the large honeycomb holes in the grille help the looks, and with those holes being so large, they’ll provide little - if any - protection for the radiator or a/c condenser from projectile road debris...
  19. S

Best engine for MK7

We never got a mk7 / mk7.5 Golf in the UK with a 1.8 engine, and I’m assuming this may also the case in the Netherlands which is where @MK7_Fan is.
  20. S

Best engine for MK7

There‘s been lots of discussion on forums and negative press reports on the 1.5 TSI EVO engine used in a number of VW Audi Group vehicles; referred to as the ‘kangaroo effect’ because of the very noticeable jerkiness and hesitation experienced by many owners when the engine’s cold. It affects...