GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GolfRRRR1

Which paint protection solution would you choose?

The Maxima looks much better than the bald guy it turned into!
  2. GolfRRRR1

Which paint protection solution would you choose?

I did my mother's black Nissan Maxima, 10 years of abuse, 76k miles. All I did was wash, decon with Eagle One tire cleaner(Black and Plastic Coat version that has the iron remover in it), clay, and a quick spin of the wheel with a yellow pad and Adam's Revive polish. Sealed it with the new...
  3. GolfRRRR1

Oil change Intervals

I do 7500 miles, based on many oil analysis' I have seen people post, like Tigeo^ above. Oil has gotten so good these last 20 years. You have many other things to worry about, don't worry about your oil if you use good oil....
  4. GolfRRRR1

Buying tools/ Where/when would i have use for , triple square, allen and ball allen sockets?

I have to say, when I need a tool I always reach for my Gearwrench X-Beams first. So easy to use and strong. The X-Beam makes it easy to push or pull when you tighten or loosen a bolt/nut. These are a must have if you work on your car...
  5. GolfRRRR1

Rotors for Daily Driving

I would without a doubt get the e-coated rotors then the inside and outside won't rust as quickly.
  6. GolfRRRR1

Rotors for Daily Driving

To me rotors are wear items, the high carbon is nice but don't waste money on cryo-treatment (just makes them harder so less bite for the pads). I can't speak to those pads.
  7. GolfRRRR1

Power Stop Z23/Z26 brake pads

Anyone here ever use the Power Stop brake pads? Specifically the Z23/Z26 brake pads for daily use front and rear (both use the same compound). I'm looking for pads in my Golf R stock brakes (GTI w/PP).
  8. GolfRRRR1

AMS CF Intake Installed

I did, finally a nice can, made right. Mann oil separators are good as well...
  9. GolfRRRR1

Steering knuckle

I'm going from Golf R knuckle to CSS knuckle (things keep coming up pushing the project back), my advantage will be extra negative camber, they are both the 55mm. Are the Bilstein B6 55mm only? As for your project, one thing I'm not sure on is the brakes, besides that it's an easy upgrade and...
  10. GolfRRRR1

Spring & Shock/Damper Installation Reference Guide

Slightly off-topic but close; changing out the front knuckles (going to CSS knuckles), no springs or struts, etc., would it be easier to leave the strut attached to the top so you won't have to replace the bearings, etc and just drop the knuckle? Or do I just go whole hog and drop everything...
  11. GolfRRRR1

Did not like a thicker sway bar

I would buy end links (I did for my set-up), the rear sway bar will increase the stiffness by 100% to 200% so all that force is gonna go through your plastic end links. They will last a while but eventually the plastic will break. I suggest Moog end links for $30 each or you can buy fancy ones...
  12. GolfRRRR1

Did not like a thicker sway bar

I just installed my H&R rear sway bar on my Golf R and knew the balance would change somewhat (been driving RWD cars for a while) but was very happy to get much better front end grip and quicker transient response overall. One of the better upgrades.
  13. GolfRRRR1

AMS CF Intake Installed

Question, would you be able to accommodate a larger battery with the AMS intake? Looks tight.
  14. GolfRRRR1

Weird vibration at 45mph and 75+ mph

Do you have Continental Tires? If the vibration goes away after a couple miles it would seem like you have flat spots due to sitting, then after the tires warm up a bit they round out. I had this issue with my Conti Extreme DW tires on my Pontiac G8, after sitting for a while they would...
  15. GolfRRRR1

Clubsport S Suspension

Yes, so say your car has -1* camber as it sits, after install it will have -2* camber, all factory, all quiet. If you want more then you can add other parts, just like you would with the stock parts...you're just starting from more negative camber already. More and more options are popping up...
  16. GolfRRRR1

Clubsport S Suspension

I've bought the Clubsport S front knuckles for my '16 R (hoping to achieve an extra 1* neg camber without any noise). Adding more grip to the front is always a good idea. I just haven't installed them yet. Both front knuckles were $407us from e-acca. 5Q0407254E 5Q0407253E Welcome to the...
  17. GolfRRRR1

Replacement brake system components- questions

Rotors are wear items, inexpensive and soft is what you want, you want bite which creates wear, cryo treating will make them harder and last longer...do you want them to last longer? Buy the cheapest rotors for the race season and great pads then use anti-corrosion rotors for the winter season...
  18. GolfRRRR1

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Thank you appreciate it (y)
  19. GolfRRRR1

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Yes, my altitude is 600 ft. The ECU dictates boost levels and the turbo does what it can to meet those requests...working harder at altitude like me when I climb a set of stairs in Winter Park, CO vs Grand Rapids, MI
  20. GolfRRRR1

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

I just received my V2 Stage 2 93 fuel update. Diggs, what you think about my knock and intercooler? https://datazap.me/u/golfrrrr/stage-2-v2-golf-r?log=0&data=6-8-15-28-29