GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 1ashchuckton

Habor Frieght Jack Stands Recall

No mater what you use or where you bought it, work safe people.
  2. 1ashchuckton

2020 GTI mk8

I hate those farking e-hand brakes. How's a fella supposed to do a hand brake turn?
  3. 1ashchuckton

2020 GTI mk8

Sure do like my button-less iPhone. Sure think it is a stupid idea for a car. You can't operate your phone without looking at it. This car will be the same, eyes off the road to adjust anything.
  4. 1ashchuckton

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

If we ever get F1 off the starting grid it will be interesting. Ferrari = the biggest whiners on that grid.
  5. 1ashchuckton

2020 GTI mk8

Like you guys the MK8 is starting to grow on me. I'm still not sure about the interior, especially the glass dash & teeny weeny DSG shifter. Holy cow.....
  6. 1ashchuckton

Animals on the road

I think he may have charged. Wasn't about to find out. As I was wicking it down the road at a nice pace that steer just walked out & stopped. Nice hard brake application. The darned thing just stood there looking at me & maybe daring me to drive by. After a couple of minutes it got bored &...
  7. 1ashchuckton

Animals on the road

The GTI has good brakes.....
  8. 1ashchuckton

Toyota gunning for the GTI with a GR Corolla

Ford now uses a 3 pot tubolated engine in the Fiesta ST. Although Ford only wants to sell trucks, SUVs & Mushtangs now. The Yaris GR is called a rally homologation special, but in reality it isn't. Just clever marketing by Toyoda. Not much in common with the rally Yaris other than the number...
  9. 1ashchuckton

Toyota gunning for the GTI with a GR Corolla

Good to see old uncle Toyoda finally doing something about it's boring car image. Given the choice I'd sure go with a GTI again for my next car.
  10. 1ashchuckton

Fuel filler cover won't open

Deleted due to misinformation.....
  11. 1ashchuckton

Mobil 1 Rebate

Bought 2 from Wallyworld & they'll ship it to me for free. With the Mobil 1 rebate it sure is cheap for a good oil. Like Mud I've always gotten the rebate.
  12. 1ashchuckton

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Watched A Life Of Speed on Netflix yesterday. Great documentary about Fangio. What a driver, what a life.
  13. 1ashchuckton

2020 GTI mk8

In general I'm not a fan of cars that run on sparks, but that Honda e is pretty neat.
  14. 1ashchuckton

2020 GTI mk8

Here's a pretty good review of the Honda e. click > Honda e
  15. 1ashchuckton

Camera recommendations

Nothing wrong with an iPhone. I have one myself, but there are things they can't do.
  16. 1ashchuckton

Camera recommendations

So many great cameras out there. Been shooting since 1970, started with a Practica TL made in East Germany. I'm now shooting with Fuji cameras, love their old school dials & handling. They remind me of the film cameras I loved in the past. dpreview.com is a good site as is fredmiranda.com. So...
  17. 1ashchuckton

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Canceling makes sense I think. What doesn't make sense is letting the teams spend truck loads of money going there & then canceling. Edit.... Looks like Indy in St Pete is in jeopardy too. https://racer.com/2020/03/12/st-pete-to-close-admission-race-in-jeopardy/
  18. 1ashchuckton

Just bought a toy to compliment the GTI, NC Miata PRHT

I had an NA, great little roadster. If I buy another it will be a NC PRHT. Love the color of yours & that brown interior oh man. My old Meotter.
  19. 1ashchuckton

The first time you fell in love...with a GTI.

I guess it was love at first sight in 1983. I finally bought one 30 years later in 2013, love my MK6.
  20. 1ashchuckton

GTI 6MT vs Mini cooper 6MT vs used gensis G70 6MT(USA 2020)

No way adults will fit in the back of a MINI. Well if they are legless they might. Their luggage will not fit.