GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. MonkeyMD

Intercooler performance

It still has a hood though.
  2. MonkeyMD

What was your first car?

92 Mazda B2600 manual. Was actually a hand me down. Loved that thing, before they started rebadging Ford Rangers. Manual, rwd, bright red (now hate red on cars, but man that thing would shine when polished). Was a blast to drift anytime it rained or on dirt roads. Love the look of those...
  3. MonkeyMD

What was your first car?

Nice. Always liked the coupe vs the hb. Maybe it was the cool looking highway patrol cars here in tx.
  4. MonkeyMD

Need Advice

Agreed with Acadia. First, don't know how you bought a 2016 base Golf for ~$15k. Like others have said, you probably had some negative equity rolled into that. Not sure. Regardless, you're already in a bad financial situation. Trading this in, you're losing about $8k off the bat. Not to...
  5. MonkeyMD

Movie and TV Recommendations

I think the 1st 2 seasons are the best. Maybe it's the novelty of the situation and characters. That being said, still really enjoyed seasons 3 and 4, but it's just more of the same. Season 4 is pretty sad though. Won't say anymore
  6. MonkeyMD

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Sad part is there have been a serious of thefts in my area. Same group of guys. I have personally seen them several times. Have stolen $70k in merchandise just from 4 stores. They also hit lots of cell phone stores and Best Buys. From what I have heard, it's at least 40 other locations in...
  7. MonkeyMD

Dragy Performance Monitor

Pm'd. And here after I just said I wouldn't get one. Damn you forumers!
  8. MonkeyMD

Naaaaah. Had a Ford Explorer in front of me. Turning right onto a 3 lane road. He moves over into middle lane and floors it, so of course, I follow suit and work up to 3rd, passing easily. Probably was at 75 in a 55. I slow down and signal because my turn is ahead. He catches up to me and...
  9. MonkeyMD

Installed HPA IS38+ BULL-X Downpipe Mishimoto Intercooler APR IS38 tune Replaced Water pump 😩 CV boot First impression No huge torque surge at 2500rpm anymore. Power starts coming on at 3200rpm. Good thing is it keeps pulling to 7k redline instead of 5500. That being said, I was expecting a...
  10. MonkeyMD

Intercooler performance

Not sure how helpful. Couldn't get all the parameters you mentioned as I'm using a generic obd reader and torque app. Also couldn't find a share function on datazap So just copied the link. https://datazap.me/u/monkeymd/mishimoto?log=0&data=2-3-4-6-7-9
  11. MonkeyMD

Aftermarket Turbo Options

I'll let you know in a few days. It's being put in as we speak (type). Keep in mind I'm 1.8, not 2.0
  12. MonkeyMD

Aftermarket Turbo Options

Almost did. Great value I think for what you get. But was taking too long to get, so went HPA. That being said, they seem almost identical, except for the Inconel wastegate flapper. Not sure if they come from the same manufacturer. Sparky589 on here is using it. Maybe reach out. But he's 1.8.
  13. MonkeyMD

Will a 9" width fit?

I would say it's going to rub unless you get some more camber especially in the front, even at stock height. And I would go 45 offset instead of 40, unless you're worried about rubbing on fuel filler which I think is only an issue on GTI, not Golf or Golf R.
  14. MonkeyMD

Movie and TV Recommendations

Thanks for the Bosch recommendation. Really enjoying it. Didn't expect 1 crime to be an entire season. That being said, every time I watch, I can't help but remember this skit from John Mulaney http://www.cc.com/video-clips/ql07e8/comedy-central-presents-favorite--law---order--characters
  15. MonkeyMD

Diggs24 Build Thread

I guess all the TIP's are cast in the same factory, regardless of price. Assuming you felt no difference from stock other than more noise
  16. MonkeyMD

How many unscheduled repairs during your first 100k?

Had to look this up. Go urban dictionary. And I had read so much about it happening, had already made peace with it and was just waiting for the when, not if.
  17. MonkeyMD

Mods you're wasting money on...

Before the powers that be destroyed Syria, you had free health care & free education all the way to graduate, doctorate level. Of course high school exams were vey stringent and only the smartest got into law or medicine. I remember their 12th grade final exam having stuff on it I was taking...
  18. MonkeyMD

How many unscheduled repairs during your first 100k?

Ok. Jinxed myself with previous post in this thread Went to go get a replacement thermostat for my house as the old one stopped working. If I was reading a novel, I would have said this was foreshadowing. So next stop was to drop off car to get is38, dp and intercooler installed. Get the...
  19. MonkeyMD

Track Carnage

Agree with this, but camaro driver (at least I thought it was a camaro) should have more spatial awareness and seen that STI coming back and slow down accordingly. Edit: just rewatched and STI never went off, at least from what I could see. Looks like he was just staying right, maybe slower...
  20. MonkeyMD

Is 87k too many miles to tune a car?

Clutch should be fine. I've been stage 1 which is more than you can get out of jb4 (without e85) for 94k miles. Currently at 97k. Clutch is still fine and I hammer it. Of course these is variance from car to car. I say jb4 by itself is good enough. You won't need anything else really until...