GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. SLWRTHNU

Power intermittently low - JB4 Map

I'm encountering a strange issue with power. Most of the time, I feel like there is power left on the table. It's not all the time, though. If I floor it at just the right time, I get put back in my seat. Other times, I feel it's just "ok fast". I did a 2nd and 3rd gear pull while data logging...
  2. SLWRTHNU

EPC light came on, lost all power :(

+1 for investing in something to pull codes. I invested in a HEX-V2 cable and use VCDS (previously called VAG-COM), and am very happy with it. It cost about $200 for 3 cars ($300 for 10), but has saved me a ton in fees to pull codes and make modifications. Money very well spent. Pros and cons...
  3. SLWRTHNU

Diggs24 Build Thread - "Tapioca XL"

😂 Busted
  4. SLWRTHNU

P2270/49F5 on Stock Downpipe (Cobb Stage 1)

To the OP, I saw this video and figured it's worth a shot
  5. SLWRTHNU

P2270/49F5 on Stock Downpipe (Cobb Stage 1)

Could be the OTS map, could be something else. Try flashing back to stock, clearing the code, and seeing if it returns. That's a free way to tell you if it's the tune or something else, and a much better place to start troubleshooting from. You could also try cleaning your MAF sensor and seeing...
  6. SLWRTHNU

Help

If it had the P210000 code, it might be caused by carbon build-up. Even if you clear it and it stays away, it still could be causing an issue, just not enough of one to give the code again (yet). It would make sense for it to be a carbon build-up issue from what you're explaining. Not...
  7. SLWRTHNU

Noise from rear, when turning front wheels at a stop??

Ya, I was meaning more suspension-ish related. Anything that holds the wheels on. If it's loose, it could make a noise. I may have misunderstood the OP. But, if I were troubleshooting something like this (from what I understand the sound to sound like), I would start by checking everything that...
  8. SLWRTHNU

Help

Low boost or low power? If it's low power, you may be in some kind of limp mode, but that usually happens when there are CEL's that tell you why. If it's actually low boost, you may have a vacuum leak. You could try a leak test to see if there are any leaks. I've done these many different ways...
  9. SLWRTHNU

Noise from rear, when turning front wheels at a stop??

Might want to try to lift the rear, take the wheels off, get a pry bar, and start trying to move/pry things to see if you can reproduce the noise. Sounds like a strange issue that might be tricky to diagnose, so check every connection and see what that tells you.
  10. SLWRTHNU

How annoying will this be to fix?

I just wrapped it in teflon table then in Gorilla duct tape and checked for leaks. So far so good. But if that doesn't work, I'll move up to the next thing. I hate doing backyard fixes but when it's something as small as a washer fluid hose, I'm ok with not replacing the whole hose because of a...
  11. SLWRTHNU

It was hard to show exactly where it's leaking from in a photo, but there is definitely a hole in the line. There is water shooting out of the hole in both pictures. I'll try to wrap it and see how long that lasts. Thanks for the suggestion!
  12. SLWRTHNU

Washer fluid line has a weak bladder it seems. I didn't know if the plastic is just a cover that I can cut and fix the line, or if that is the line, so I didn't want to mess with it too much. Anyone know how much of a pain it would be to replace this line?
  13. SLWRTHNU

Do the cloth seats feel different than the leather ones?

Nice! My twin daughters are only 4 so I have a few more years until it's time for me to teach them
  14. SLWRTHNU

Best place in Canada for wheels & tires

I've had a lot of luck with quattrotires.com
  15. SLWRTHNU

Dashcam installation

You probably don't need this anymore, but I just installed mine (front and back, tucking the wiring). I can help you if you haven't done this yet.
  16. SLWRTHNU

Exactly. When I had my B8 A4 Avant, it was automatic so my girlfriend would drive it. I'm 6' and she's 5'2", so having that memory button was great. However, she won't be driving my manual GTI. Just me. So after I get the perfect position, it won't change anyway.
  17. SLWRTHNU

Is that a fire extinguisher I see?
  18. SLWRTHNU

It's too bad we don't live closer. We could have made each other's days. The plaid cloth seats are manual, but heated, right?
  19. SLWRTHNU

Nice. Cloth is better and was my preference, but my options were limited when I was buying so I had to go with leather. Now to find someone willing to part with their cloth seats... You never know, miracles happen.