GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. chamisool

Bluetooth microphone issues

I got my car Nov 2020 with 21k miles so I was still under warranty. You should be as well as it is 4 years / 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.
  2. chamisool

I got the carnet module repaired at my dealership. the dealership had to remove my instrument cluster as the module is behind it and had to do a hard reset after replacing it. Two problems I face from taking it to the dealer: I guess the service technician thought it was something related to...
  3. chamisool

Nice, so I should be under warranty since it will be 4 years in Nov 2024.
  4. chamisool

I think I have warranty. I purchased the car on Nov 2020 and has under 22k miles.
  5. chamisool

Yeah it doesn't. Scheduled a service with the dealer but it will cost money to get a diagnostics done to see what the problem is. Yikes.
  6. chamisool

I have a 2020 VW GTI and my bluetooth hands free randomly stopped working where I can hear the other person, but they cannot hear me. I unpaired and re-paired my bluetooth phone and it didn't resolve the issue. I can hear the upcoming calls but no one hears me in the other end. Using CarPlay is...
  7. chamisool

Bluetooth hands-free issue

My bluetooth hands free randomly stopped working where I can hear the other person, but they cannot hear me. I unpaired and re-paired my bluetooth phone and it didn't resolve the issue. I can hear the upcoming calls but no one hears me in the other end. Using CarPlay is the same and trying other...
  8. chamisool

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I was detailing my interior and noticed the rear seats behind the driver has this big gap. Is this normal on your GTI's, or was my seat assembled incorrectly from the factory? I can see the inner metal mechanics or whatever it is.
  9. chamisool

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Random question about e-acca. The OEM kit has two prices, where 2-3 day shipping is cheaper than 25-28 days. Is that right? Note: with the Euro/USD currency parity, it seems cheaper to buy in Euros to save more money if you have a credit card that does not charge foreign transaction fee. Also...
  10. chamisool

GTI TCR hatch spoiler lip

I purchased one from AliExpress from a seller with a lot of positive reviews for around 180 shipped since I didn't want to pay 300+ for the OEM. The finish matches the glossy black side spoiler perfectly and fits perfectly. No gaps, sits flush with the trunk spoiler and I was surprised how well...
  11. chamisool

***** Official Southern California Spotted Thread *****

Always see a black MK7 GTI near Sender One/Roger Dunn golf shop in Santa Ana. Dropped with a lip kit and bronze Konigs I believe.
  12. chamisool

Helix Soundbox Upgrade Information Post!

I just installed my Helix subwoofer and after reconnecting the battery to make sure everything is working, I get the following errors at startup: Error: Electronic Stabilization Control (ECS) Font Assist not available Error: Tire Pressure Monitoring system I followed the directions shown here...
  13. chamisool

Found the cheapest Helix Subwoofer 000051419B currently

No problem. I just got my subwoofer from the dealer and submitted my online rebate to get $38.19 back. Just waiting to get the long bolt part from a different local dealer (since it was cheaper than VW of Murrieta) to use my spare and looking for a dongle for coding.
  14. chamisool

I've been checking daily and VW of Murrieta is the cheapest out of all the dealers I've been looking at. 36% off and another 10% off VW Rebate so total is $382 excluding $38 credit (net $344). Helix Subwoofer Link Not as cheap as the 40% off during Black Friday/Cyber Monday but this is the...
  15. chamisool

Hoping this goes back on sale. Been patiently waiting for used classifieds as well but no one is selling one for a reasonable price.
  16. chamisool

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

So this means getting the new Titan 7 wheels requires a 57.1 bore hug centric rings?
  17. chamisool

GTI Key Fob Issue

My key is around 20 feet away. If it is draining the battery, I wonder how my original battery lasted 10 months and the new ones lasting less than 3 weeks.
  18. chamisool

GTI Key Fob Issue

I used Energizer I purchased from Walgreens retail store. I bought a Sony as well from BestBuy and both died within 2-2.5 weeks. I am going to try once more using Panasonic but in the meantime, I scheduled another visit to the dealer to see if they can honor at least a diagnostic of my key. If...
  19. chamisool

GTI Key Fob Issue

What is up with the GTI key fob where my car is always saying replace key battery? I changed it last month with a new CR2032 and I got the dreaded key battery replacement warning again. I passed my 1 year mark of owning the car but had this problem sporadically after 10 months of ownership...