GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. mkvii.717

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

Yea I mean fwd is hard but I was second or third fastest fwd on course only losing to some smf guys and they don't count lol
  2. mkvii.717

What's your solostorm setup I have looked at but it's pricey maybe a good Christmas present lol
  3. mkvii.717

Second season I do autocross at a couple regions gotta balance family and racing as it goes
  4. mkvii.717

I did have one of the WRX drivers codrive when his broke he beat me by 2 hundreds of a second I have though about getting some data tracking might do that instead of more car mods
  5. mkvii.717

might be my next option lol. Possibly cheaper then finishing my build and autox school
  6. mkvii.717

Does anyone have tips for running down a couple of WRXs. I finished 28/123 and 16/87 in PAX but 3 and 2(one wrx didn't show) in STH. Assume I just need to keep working on driver mod but ugh
  7. mkvii.717

springs so no and the ball joint and the control arm its not overly clear to me how it was happening but like I said I spoke with them and sent pictures and everything it seemed I was not the first. Also note I am a mk7 GLI so not apples to apples comparison
  8. mkvii.717

Some fun from this past weekend the GLI got first in STH and 14th in pax though I will admit a decent amount of our hotshoes were at other events.
  9. mkvii.717

I run 034 LCA and stock ball joints I got -2 but there was some self clearancing when I spoke to 034 about it they recommended their ball joints but said that it was fine since the self clearancing had already been done.
  10. mkvii.717

fair enough just hadn't seen it before but it was my first time codriving with someone so it was getting pushed. I did reset it after getting the temps back down thanks
  11. mkvii.717

Has anyone had a low tire pressure light come on during a session? I was headed to start and it came on. I checked the tires visually before my run and they all looked good so I did my run. Then checked with a gauge after I got back to the grid and all are high if anything. I reset the light...
  12. mkvii.717

Yes mine is DCC with mountune springs(not sold USA anymore) I took one of our pros for a spin and he was amazed at how well the car handles now if the idiot in the driver seat could get better. It wont STH last year in our region but mainly due to the WRX not showing up enough
  13. mkvii.717

agreed I may one day go to the kw or bilstein that work with DCC but I have no desire to go full coils my wife and kid ride in the thing fairly regularly lol
  14. mkvii.717

Back to the spring/sway discussion seems like looking at pics stiffer springs are the answer. I am running lowering springs and 034 FSB full stiff and ST rear bar with -2 front and rear
  15. mkvii.717

Part of my slowness there was my dsg had gone into third and I did not realize it so it takes a second to kick down. I do agree I handle slaloms and fast sections a lot better than stopping and having to dig out of a corner. We are not even going to talk about the afternoon session where it...
  16. mkvii.717

Same our top guy has won at least one national even and him and the other guy have numerous years experience this is only my second year so trying to manage expectations
  17. mkvii.717

You are not wrong and some of our national-level guys got messed with rain so that probably helped with PAX but my car was definitely working well. Here is the class winner showing how its done
  18. mkvii.717

Finally had our first event. I struggled to catch some WRXs but the car felt good in the dry vs the afternoon wet. Video
  19. mkvii.717

Could always be crazy and try a GLI trunks are fun :)
  20. mkvii.717

Sure just rub it in as we sit here freezing our buns off :)