GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. tehfalcon

In process: Alibaba GTI build

Giving an update on my situation. Ended up getting half my money refunded, decided to repair the engine with the upper and lower oil pans off my old engine and got it all installed. Engine absolutely purs and is very smooth. Surprisingly the GTI’s tune did not mind the R head, but I did get my...
  2. tehfalcon

Still a month within that window so I’m good
  3. tehfalcon

Oh brother, nobody had questions about where it came from and nothing I said in the post was wrong. I disabled comments because people love to ruin for sale posts. I'm going to be stuck with the engine whether they refund me or not, so why wouldn't I already post it?
  4. tehfalcon

So far not all that helpful. They offered to send replacement parts but I rejected that, I don’t want to take apart a brand new engine and potentially give them that as an excuse to deny any support/warranty if something goes wrong after I run it the first time. Gave them a deadline to come up...
  5. tehfalcon

Nothing missing, the engine just wasn’t in a crate, instead on a pallet.
  6. tehfalcon

Didn’t use PayPal but did use a Credit Card with top notch protection so not really worried about getting the money back. Just bummed overall though lol
  7. tehfalcon

Got my motor today. Sadly it wasn’t in a crate when it arrived and the thing was handled like hell. Upper oil pan and lower oil is destroyed. Contacted ZHONGQI we’ll see what he says. Pretty bummed, *could* transfer upper and lower from my original engine but I really hate to take apart a new...
  8. tehfalcon

I'm in southern Colorado where we dont have emissions testing, so I'm planning to just delete the SAI system entirely once my engine arrives, seems in your case though you are going to have to swap the head from your original engine over to retain SAI.
  9. tehfalcon

Anyone swap one into a DSG car and know if the engine comes with a flywheel pilot bearing installed or if we need one?
  10. tehfalcon

Ordered a CJX engine to go in my GTI. Obviously going to need a custom tune but figured I’d go with the ‘better’ engine.
  11. tehfalcon

My DKFA just blew. Which one should I be looking at?
  12. tehfalcon

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Yes that’s exactly how flex works. You can run 91 all the way up to full e85 and the tune will adjust for it automatically. APR will never do this.
  13. tehfalcon

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

APR really dropped the ball on GTI/TT/A3 owners not developing the upgraded fueling tunes for them. We all know the engines are essentially just as capable. I’m in the middle of getting a Flex/MPI/LPFP/HPFP/DP custom tune done on mine and there really is a lot of room left on these turbos.
  14. tehfalcon

MK7 Misfire issue higher rpms

Reopening an old thread for discussion as I've been fighting a high rpm misfire for almost a year now. Finally got Simos Tool's to do some logging. misfire starting at 5800~ rpm. Engine compression tested 150-155psi across all cylinders, no odd sounds from the engine. less than 40,000 miles on...
  15. tehfalcon

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

anyone running the MK8 PCV + Tiguan Venturi setup with a Hybrid turbo? Currently running a CTS Can on my DTR6054 but if there's evidence it's doing bad things, I'm happy to change.
  16. tehfalcon

Wastegate Actuator Adjustment

get an is38 wastegate actuator, I never could get the is20 one to work correctly on the DTR
  17. tehfalcon

APR DSG tune behaving badly? "No auto-upshift in manual" only working occasionally

It will still auto upshift in certain conditions to keep from damaging things, however it will automatically downshift back into the previous gear if you slow down after it upshifts. It's expected safety behavior
  18. tehfalcon

Open source tuning solution

Can I have an invite to the discord?
  19. tehfalcon

APR DTR vs. IE 2260

You’re insane if you think motors blew because of the DTR. Motors blow on every turbo out there including stock. I monitor live data right on my dash with PolarFIS. Absolutely nothing indicating any issues, car drives perfect, and I have almost 10k miles on it this way :)