GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

We bought a broke one with 40k miles on it

The joggler presses a recessed edge on metal sheet so I can drop it behind another panel instead of trying to butt directly up to it, have a close look at this section on a ford focus before welding that did this week, the new section is a body cut from a scrap yard, where the two panels meet I...
  2. M

As the seems are internal and triple layer for the roof and tailgate sections, and as they were intact I decided to pic an angle thats easy to lose visualy and hit the new section with a joggler so it dropped in behind the existing, tac weld with a mig for convenience then tigged the whole seem...
  3. M

There is no law that says if your gonna tow, you cant do it with style,
  4. M

Yes I did until I had to match it to existing panels, then it got interesting, the driver door was included after a van backed in to it so i had to complete all the repair and base coat leaving a six inch strip of original coat to fade in to so no difference to back door once lacquered, Shiraz...
  5. M

Thank you kind sir, I am a bit anal about jobs and could probably make some money out of it if I was not but I strive to exceed the original spec, not difficult with BMW poor paint quality but a challenge with VAG, here is a 2 stage pearl I did in December after the A3 wiped out a 65kg deer
  6. M

Red is generally a difficult pigment and gets darker with each coat so when i have a red job I pull out three spray-out cards and put two coats on one three on another and four on the third to get an idea of where i need to be, this Tornado was two normal coats then a heavy one so 3 1/2 to get...
  7. M

I will add some more then Wow! there are colour sections too ? who knew ? I am on it regards steve
  8. M

It was just like one of those Chip Foose episodes really, went in my shop looking like the first pics, after the add break it had no rear quarter, second add break and I had it all masked up then 45 mins later it came out as you see it now
  9. M

Especially the CLS because know body makes a tow bar for it, had to re-fabricate one from an E Class estate whilst I was putting a new back end on it from accident damage LOL
  10. M

Aborted- safety reasons VCDS

It is, with a 4inch de-cat downpipe there is not much room either, I will update any progress if we make any
  11. M

So pretty much bang in the middle like us, we are 3.59, is it really that sensitive that I have to get my welders gloves on again
  12. M

Brilliant, it can be done then, what voltage did you end up on that made VCDS happy ?
  13. M

Quick pic of our broke GTI before I ran it through my workshop
  14. M

Hi everyone I decided to go the IS38 route with my Mk7 GTI pp and as far as install of parts went, all was smooth sailing, IHI IS38 complete, mahoosive intercooler, De-Cat downpipe and stage 2.5 map from Mountune, once the turbo was fitted we altered the wastegate actuation nut to gain a...