GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

single cylinder misfire when cold at idle

new N80 valve didn't solve the problem - fully - still get misfires/slight shaking albeit not enough for an EPC/CEL - more misfires when cold (eg 50 a minute on cyl 2), less when warm (eg 5 a minute). So @Diggs24 you recon it's time to take it to the dealer under 150K/15year PZEV CA warranty?
  2. N

oh no, @Diggs24 is even more correct than I first thought. After fixing the boost pipe clamps on to the throttle body, I still get an occasional EPC/CEL because of cylinder 2 misfires, albeit at much lower frequency (say from every couple of minutes to maybe every other day at start). I replaced...
  3. N

so... thank you @Diggs24 - you were directionally correct and thus earn the lifeline brownie points. turns out it was an airflow issue - smoke test showed that throttle body hose was leaking air because hose clamp escaped the metal railing in the rear of the hose and didn't make a good enough...
  4. N

any reason why fuel supply (charcoal canister) or engine air return (oil separator) would cause misfire on a single cylinder only, and only at cold start idle?
  5. N

Hello. Like the title says. i hooked up the car on VCDS and looked at misfire advanced measurements. car at start runs misfires on cylinder 2. once it hits 100 misfires per minute, dashboard CEL lights up. At 250 it disables the cylinder (dashboard EPC icon). While driving I get *0* misfires...