GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Sal L

Misfire

Thank you, all is Stock
  2. Sal L

Misfire

Anybody have this experience? Please let me know and your solution. My 2018 GTI, 28K miles. She stalls during idle, stop and go traffic after she is driven for more than 1 hr. The check engine light and EPC goes on. Difficult to start the car unless I give it gas. Each time, this...
  3. Sal L

Adjustable Front End Links

Hello, can anybody recommend adjustable front end links that will work well with my H&R front 26mm for MK7.5 GTI? Thanks in advance.
  4. Sal L

ee Creaking Front Suspension - MK7.5

Terriquez88, I unbolted my front end links, then while on the ground the ground, I turned my wheel all the way left / right. the creaking on the left side went away completely, right side there is a slight creaking. This must be the top strut mount. So the creaking noise was less about 80%...
  5. Sal L

will try this within a few days. keep u posted.
  6. Sal L

Thanks Terriquez88, my GTI is about 3/4 lower from stock. I'm going to another mechanic to diagnose late Aug or sooner. Prior, I am going to unbolt the end links and then turn the steering wheel left/right to determine if the creaking is still there. I'm hoping this is the issue. If so...
  7. Sal L

R be Gone

Very nice!
  8. Sal L

Thanks Terriquez88, your front sway bars/end links are they OE? How much did you lower your car. Mine is lowered from 26.5 to 25.75.
  9. Sal L

Creaking not resolved yet but, I spoke with Bilstein Tech, she said that creaking noise most likely three reasons: 1. Top nut too tight, (shop may have used an impact gun to tighten), this should be tighten to 54lbs. 2. Strut mount/bearing maybe bad (a lot have suggested this). 3. After market...
  10. Sal L

Thank you TheProfessional. I suspect you and SPLR337 are correct. It just annoys the hell out of me that my mechanic did not recommend this, it's such a inexpensive part.
  11. Sal L

I recently changed my struts to Bilstein B16 (Damptronic) and sway bars to H&R 24mm (I am using original end links). After 100 miles, I started to hear creaking when I make a 90 degree turn (left/right) at very slow speed or when I am parallel parking. There are no other weird sounds when I go...
  12. Sal L

GTI with Bilstein B16 (Damptronic)

So far the Bilstein has made my car very stable. The car does not jiggle. Hope this answers your question.
  13. Sal L

The spring collar is approximately in the middle of the thread body.
  14. Sal L

Comfort in city driving/stop and go HW. Sport when the road is smooth.
  15. Sal L

Just installed Bilstein B16 (Damptronic)! No joke...ride is exhilarating, no more floating sensation, the dampers are just right, car feels like so stable and magnetized to the road. Bilstein got this one right!
  16. Sal L

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

Love my GTI and my Tag
  17. Sal L

GTI Ride Height

Good suggestion Chogokin. Thank you.
  18. Sal L

GTI Ride Height

These tow guys should a 2x6 board. My son's Nismo 370 is really low, so the tow guy had to use a 2x6 to elevate the car a bit as it so it can be pulled without damaging the front nose of the car.