GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Charlotte.:R

Blind Spot Monitoring Stopped Working

This turned out to be the case. So, if anyone else has this issue, it's software related and needs reprogramming. It took them ~30 minutes to trouble shoot and do whatever software update was necessary. Now, waiting on passenger side crash sensor to solve my airbag light, and new drive...
  2. Charlotte.:R

Nope. I cleared the faults referenced in the OP, and they're already back the next day. This is relatively recent development. Made an appointment for 7/1 at the dealership. Might was well take advantage of the peoples warranty before it expires.
  3. Charlotte.:R

That seems like more effort than I want to go through. Had I been messing around with something, I might be more inclined to troubleshoot. Bummer. The whole dropping your car off at the dealership is so inconvenient.
  4. Charlotte.:R

I noticed I'm no longer seeing the BSM illuminate in the rear view mirrors. In the settings, if I try and turn on/off, I get a 'function not available' message. Scanned with OBD11 and under Lane Change Assistance Right I get 3 faults: Control module not coded; Data record invalid; and Data...
  5. Charlotte.:R

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

It was small, ~11 pounds. Probably trimmed about 3+ of fat off. 260* for 7 hours. No wrap, spritzed with hard cider every 15-20 minutes the last few hours.
  6. Charlotte.:R

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

My second brisket. It was delicious. Of course my youngest told me 9.99 out of 10 because there is always room for improvement.
  7. Charlotte.:R

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

Thanks. I figured it was going to be $$$$ I have no vacant breakers, so I need to upgrade to the combo ones. Getting our hot tub wired in was $1000 and that was in 2018 prices :(
  8. Charlotte.:R

How much did that run if you don’t mind me asking? I have a generator and it would be nice to have a whole house hookup.
  9. Charlotte.:R

Thanks! Measured and called Quick Jack to confirm. Ordered the 7000TL and hangers. I'll need the frame extensions for my wife's MDX, but I'll order those at a later date to spread the cost out a bit.
  10. Charlotte.:R

I mentioned wanting a Quick Jack awhile back and several of you had one. Follow up: which model? I think I’m going to need the 7000 for my car and wife’s MDX. Need to measure if I need the standard or X model. On sale for $250 off for Memorial Day so want to finally pull the trigger. Which...
  11. Charlotte.:R

Opinion on buying very low mileage used car - oil change related

Things were still pretty locked down in 2020 with Covid. I can't say that is super low mileage, could be someone who never went back to work.
  12. Charlotte.:R

Opinion on buying very low mileage used car - oil change related

CarFax doesn't list any services being done?
  13. Charlotte.:R

Cars and Bids, BAT, etc.

Kinda cool. The Jesus badge on the drivers door panel is an interesting touch.
  14. Charlotte.:R

Same. I didn't realize there was another method of deck construction???
  15. Charlotte.:R

For $1800 I'd DIY a workbench and shelves out of 2x4, 2x6 and plywood 🤷‍♂️ I build my first workbench almost 20 years ago, then recreated a second one to double the space. Have tool storage on the shelves below.
  16. Charlotte.:R

G2 Brake Caliper Paint kit: Impressions and thoughts after a year and a half

Nice write up. Agree G2 is a fantastic product for the price. I used it on my Macan calipers back in 2020 and it's holding up great -- helps that they were that bare/flat black and I painted them black. Also used on my wife's B9 A4 and C8 A6 which both had bare Brembo calipers. No worse for...
  17. Charlotte.:R

HVAC companies are becoming near scammers rant

Doesn't help that prices have also doubled in a couple years. When we replaced our AC a few years ago, quotes were from $7500 -- $15,000. We went with the $7,500 option, then paid another $1500 or so to have someone fix all the crap they messed up on the install. I don't trust anyone in the...
  18. Charlotte.:R

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

My wife went back 3 days in November. We had separate offices. I miss her. She was the best office mate I ever had. And not just because of afternoon delight. But that was a bonus lol
  19. Charlotte.:R

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

My company is just the opposite. Totally micro managed. 8:30 and 4:00 daily check ins, 15 minute daily project updates. Weekly Jira review. Time sheets down to 15 minute increments. Expectation is to be online and available from 8:30-5, with lunch from 12-1. Management needs notified of any...