GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Rollback50k

no longer looking

Have him ship it to me and I’ll run it through hell if you want it blown lol
  2. Rollback50k

Double light in trunk

Thanks and yeah I goofed on that one lol. Ziptie has been working fine (it’s not the “finish” I was going for but it’ll have to do for now) I’ll try to add this to the first post next time I’m on the computer. I recommend switching over to the Ziza lights if you want a pure white color rather...
  3. Rollback50k

MK7 Climatronic upgrade with instructions and pictures.

Aside from the driver side air vent and side panel facing the door, the only panels I ended of removing was the section below the cluster, coin cubby, hvac face, cubby below it. I used a long sturdy/heavy duty style ziptie to snake the wires through. The part that took longest was trying to...
  4. Rollback50k

Well then I guess that’ll take care of that part lol. I’ll have to sign up for a pass of my own as a friend of mine sent me the wire diagram alone. (I didn’t want to ask him for the full thing)
  5. Rollback50k

Dave, Yes pictures from my infotainment (my ‘15 came with mib1 so I retrofit mib2). I didn’t have this screen option before the climatronic swap. Sorry I wish I had a better answer for you. No coding other than the one Bit for the fan speed indicator when set on Auto. If it’s of any help, I’ve...
  6. Rollback50k

I would think so too but according the workshop image it doesn’t (then again, the sensor supplied isn’t the same. Oem sensor I think has a plastic housing, not a bare green board)
  7. Rollback50k

2nd trunk light

Yeah I was going to order it later on but my wife left the “Recent Orders” screen from ecs up on the computer and there were a few things there, one being the 2nd Ziza light for the driver side (....ooops, I don’t think I was supposed to see that lol. My guess is stocking stuffers from her to me)
  8. Rollback50k

Correct 100%. I was meant to say *from a dual zone car. Some pages ago Dave mentioned trying to sort out which sensor actually went to which pin on the connector (if in the future someone wanted to do the full retrofit or at least to identify them as the instructions that came with the kit from...
  9. Rollback50k

I’ve been checking and even if it is something you can purchase, it’s seems to be easy to cut. I wonder if we can just get the wire diagram from Erwin and match it to the pin out for the dual zone cars.
  10. Rollback50k

Awesome ok thank you. And yes I agree, it’s strange because my upper vents had the grommets. I think maybe the first post in this thread could use some updating. I would include using “Driver/Passenger” side as opposed to “Left/Right”. For the record, I did not need to pull the infotainment...
  11. Rollback50k

2nd trunk light

Looks great! I think shade of yellow or off white I mentioned is more noticeable on my car as one side has the China light and the other is the Ziza which I have on the way at the moment. You can see the different shade of color from this picture.
  12. Rollback50k

I’m sorry....can you repeat that?! Lol I’m jk. I’m not crazy though right, or have you just given up hope for me lol Also I’d like to add the following because it was brought up midway into this thread. Vcds (using a true/authentic hex-v2) did not have issues communicating with the unit I got...
  13. Rollback50k

Nice! For the record, I know it’s been weeks since it was mentioned but the seller for my unit sent me instructions (first option did not work, but the second one he recommended did) Adapting setting :  Adapt the air flow direction (from air vent) press AC button 8 and button 3 , the...
  14. Rollback50k

So I think I might be into something.... I was looking around and came across these units which have sensors (circled in red) Then took mine out (this is the section leading to the driver side footwell vents) and realized mine doesn’t have this sensor (as expected) nor a grommet. However, it...
  15. Rollback50k

Don’t worry....you’re definitely going mad :ROFLMAO:
  16. Rollback50k

Loll I too didn’t realize that. well, I gave up but tested some of the features and at least I have heat and AC lol
  17. Rollback50k

This entire time I’ve been trying to use the picture but couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t matching up. I thought you had to twist it in. I’ll have to get back under there.
  18. Rollback50k

I concur. Hopefully I can provide real life pictures when I find the hole (giggity lol) this whole thing shouldn’t be this complicated to read. For goodness sakes, even a workshop page was provided lol.
  19. Rollback50k

Does the sensor not twist in like the upper vent sensor does? From what I’m seeing in the workshop picture, it clips into something (possibly metal frame?)
  20. Rollback50k

Gotcha ok, so the can gateway on my car is on the side (near the obd port)