GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. wascally wabbitt

Acadia's Build Thread With A Boring Title Currently

The circle of life is a beautiful thing
  2. wascally wabbitt

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Bedded in my front brakes last weekend and let it sit all week. They felt great! Went for a spin today with windows down and noticed a new rattling sound at all times down whose frequency is proportional to speed. It sounds somewhat metallic like a typewriter. I was hoping it was something...
  3. wascally wabbitt

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Nice! Using that lift point shown in the picture, you can easily slide a jack stand under both front and rear reinforced areas of the pinch weld on the passenger side. Then, this should be repeatable on the driver side with extra care to ensure the passenger side stands are stable as you lift...
  4. wascally wabbitt

These guys from the Bezos Company Store. They've held up very well with minimal wear or signs or permanent set after about 12 uses. The jack stands were also from Amazon. The cushions are oversized and should fit any stands of that style
  5. wascally wabbitt

Hope it helps! I've never found a video that clearly showed that jack point
  6. wascally wabbitt

No time to brake when I never lift off... (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) YEEAAAHHHHHH Pretty much whenever it doesn't inconvenience other drivers. 45 to 20mph in 3rd, then ride 2nd down to 7mph. That, and I mostly drive highway / rural miles. No real suburbs around these parts
  7. wascally wabbitt

Just did my first ever brake swap. New rotors and pads in the front! Will do rears in a couple weeks. 110750 miles on the original brakes. Very thankful my parents let me take over their garage. Old pads: Old nasty rotors: New: I used the lifting locations where the Audi jackpads go...
  8. wascally wabbitt

Nice. Was this the non-OEM version?
  9. wascally wabbitt

Thanks for replying to my questions 👑🐇
  10. wascally wabbitt

Went to swap on the summer wheels and saw this on the passenger side. I'm guessing that boot shouldn't be hanging there like that? What broke and fell off? Boot inside the spring is free ballin, if you will. Easy fix? Or am I just being a dummy and this is normal when the suspension is...
  11. wascally wabbitt

The Definitive Rev Hang Thread (Mk7 & MT focused)

Not an expert but I think you have to re-tune your car to do this, i.e. your old tune is irrelevant. In other words I'm pretty sure this is not something you can simply add to your tune (unless your original tuner can access these tables)
  12. wascally wabbitt

Thanks. I added another pic showing timing pull on cyl 2, 3, and 4. Is that still considered OK? I'll do a real log tomorrow.
  13. wascally wabbitt

Finally tried logging via Simos Tools. Unfortunately, it's saying I get misfires and timing pull. I saw instances of multiple misfires on a few pulls. I've never logged before, so I don't have a baseline for what to expect. Car feels like it always has. Should I be concerned...
  14. wascally wabbitt

Do you need to remove the caliper carrier when replacing rear rotors on a non-PP car? Friend with a TSI says removing rear caliper carrier was a major PITA on jack stands. Apparently this works on PP cars but can't find confirmation for non-PP.
  15. wascally wabbitt

Aftermarket heads?

I recall Stratified posted a video recently where they showcased flex with MPI on a GTI with DTR6054 and an S3 with a Garrett Powermax. I think they tune with Cobb AP
  16. wascally wabbitt

Sounds like hypothetically you couldn't keep the longer 5 and 6 gears from a Mk7 with the shorter 1-4 from a Mk6? That would be ideal. 6th in the Mk6 was way too short. I like being able to easily get mid-upper 30s MPG in my Mk7
  17. wascally wabbitt

In process: Alibaba GTI build

You dropped this, king 👑
  18. wascally wabbitt

Mk7 GTI SE 1st and 2nd gear

Shifter alignment is worth checking if not already ruled out