GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

ISUDAR For Apple Carplay/Android Auto Wireless Module - anyone try?

did you figure it out? I'm thinking of rebuying it to try again, this time from Amazon.com so the returns might be a bit easier
  2. P

Hi everyone, posting a long overdue follow up: I finally decided to buy the Isudar, had various small issues (ie: needed to buy an MDI to AUX cable so I can set the sound to AUX) but I finally, very briefly got it to work. However when I unplugged the module to start pulling the wires through...
  3. P

Hey thanks for a real world response! You have the 5.8" screen as well? Do you find the screen responsive enough for regular use, especially when using something like Google Maps or changing your music app?
  4. P

Happy to finally see some discussion on my post haha. I was talking to a friend today who installed a similar unit on his Audi and he asked me a basic question which might solve the Fender audio question - since this module connects to the screen (sort of acting like a bypass of the glove box...
  5. P

Just to follow up, apparently the unit does support Fender audio according to the seller. They also sent me this video for the install: Review for Wireless Carplay Adapter For VW Volkswagen Passat B8 Golf Octavia Superb MIB Android Auto - YouTube
  6. P

Hi everyone, I am looking to add wireless android auto to my Canadian 2015 MK7 GTI with MIB1 and Fender audio. Has anyone bought this wireless module before? I have been trying to ask the seller if the unit has a fiber optic connection for the Fender audio but haven't gotten a clear answer...
  7. P

Recommended mechanics in West GTA?

this shop is the one in Markham? Might as well go to Igarage then haha. Looking for West GTA!
  8. P

Recommended mechanics in West GTA?

Looking for some recommended mechanics to bring my car to in the west GTA areas since I moved out here. I still bring my car to igarage in Markham but it would be nice to know some closer options. The shops I did find charge a lot more for a basic oil change then igarage does so would appreciate...
  9. P

MIB1 Wireless Android + Carplay + USB Mirroring

very interested! any reason this wouldn't work with cars that do have fender audio?
  10. P

2015 GTI MIB I Aftermarket Upgrade

Please keep this thread updates so I'm looking for an upgrade for my car as well exact same config as you
  11. P

Wireless Apple Carplay Retrofit for your MK7 Golf (with MIB1 & 2)!!

I did not yet, my car has been in the shop for 2 months now ...i expected it back sooner lol
  12. P

2016 Volkswagen Golf R Part Out Complete Car

Do you still have the radio?
  13. P

I asked the seller this - they replied that the steering wheel volume buttons will work but not the others. This isn't a deal breaker for me since I don't really use the controls anyways. However the previous youtuber also posted a video basically advising to use bluetooth audio instead of AUX...
  14. P

At 7:10 of the video he explains that there's dip switches at the back you need to set for the correct resolution of the screen you have so that's covered off too! You do make a good point about the screen resolution but it seems like for me in Canada it would cost over 1k to upgrade to mib2 so...
  15. P

Hi there, you seem quite knowledgeable so I'm hoping we can keep this thread alive to understand if this unit will work. I also have a Canadian 2015 GTI with Fender audio/nav and 5.8" screen. I have sent your questions to that whatsapp # posted above to understand if their unit connects directly...
  16. P

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Hi everyone I own a Canadian 2015 MK7 GTI with MIB1 Nav/Fender audio and am interested in looking into how to upgrade to MIB2 for Android Auto Where is the best place for me to look for an MIB2 unit in Canada? How can I tell the exact parts that I need?
  17. P

WTB Summer tires / rims for mk7 GTI

Looking for a set of summer tires and possibly rims to go along with them. Pm me if you have anything for offer ! Located in GTA
  18. P

Will Rims/Tires used on a Mk6 GTI fit my Mk7 GTI?

I'm looking to pickup a used set of winter tires/rims. The seller can't tell me much about the specs of the rims, only that he ran them on a Mk6 GTI and the tire size is 225/45/r17. I was pretty sure that if it fit his Mk6 GTI it would also fit my car as well, but was just looking for...