GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. daymoon

FS: VW OEM Nogaro Wheels For Sale

Any idea on shipping costs to the other coast? Zip code 97024.
  2. daymoon

Did I damage my CV Axle?

Yep double checked both sides, disconnected both end links, sound still apparent when turning wheel. Had someone turn the wheel left and right with the car in the ground, I’m certain the clicking is localized somewhere in / near the driver side wheel. I may pick up a mechanics stethoscope and...
  3. daymoon

Did I damage my CV Axle?

That was something I tried a few days ago, I completely loosened the left side end link top and bottom nuts and turned the wheel and could still hear the cracking, though I know sound can ‘travel’ and I should probably do my passenger side as well to be safe.
  4. daymoon

Did I damage my CV Axle?

Hello! So for the past year and a half / 2 years I've had this weird 'click' when turning the wheel, while in motion, abruptly breaking, etc etc. I'm fairly confident it's coming from the left side, underneath the vehicle (which is why I thought it was the axle) Here's an example of what it...
  5. daymoon

Hub Centric Rings and Vibrations

Update (for those who may stumble across this) I'm going on a road trip soon and wanted a tire shop to look at the 2 rear wheels and their excessive weight issues, at this point, I was fairly confident whoever mounted them initially did a subpar job. Well, surprise surprise, they rotated them...
  6. daymoon

Ok, just received the rings stated above, they seemed a bit more heavy than the previous aluminum rings I bought, and maybe a 'bit' deeper, but I don't have a digital caliper so not too sure. Removed old rings, wiped down old antiseize, brake clean, wire brush hub face, small about of new...
  7. daymoon

I’ll give those a try, wouldn’t hurt only 15 bucks. Will report back (just my case it’s 72.6 to 57.1)
  8. daymoon

Can’t entirely rule the rings out that I purchased yet on Amazon, they’re aluminum, though I’ve heard conflicting reports on how some don’t fit the hub properly as it has a flange on the end Here’s a picture of the rings tire rack supplied, they’re about the same depth as the aluminum ones I...
  9. daymoon

Update: A couple things, I guess I messed up counting the wheel weights for the rear wheels, the actual values are LR: 6.5 -> 5.0 oz RR: 6.0 -> 7.75 oz! I ended up switching the two back hub rings with the ones I purchased off Amazon, though I purposely used the two that were snug, bordering...
  10. daymoon

It’s what I’d asked discount tire to do when I was there last, dismount rotate and rebalance. I got home and it looks like they just did a typical rebalance ugh should have followed up with them there. Think it’s time to find another shop to go to. Don’t think the dots are on my tire anymore...
  11. daymoon

That’s what I’d read about the rear wheels causing pedal and seat vibrations. Something I noticed, I had a full car yesterday with passengers (5 of us total) and the car drove noticeably worse on the freeway, more vibrations. Today on the way to work, same deal (with just me). Either it’s in...
  12. daymoon

They’re conical, tire rack supplied the original hub rings and lug bolts, both of which are being used on the wheels at the moment.
  13. daymoon

Right, the ones I bought from amazon were listed at 10 mm, still they all had inconsistent figments between all the hubs. Curious if the BFI one is good however, I read somewhere that they were designed with th is in mind?
  14. daymoon

No spacers, and I haven't tried without the rings yet, though I can only imagine it'd make the issue worse. Figure it wouldn't hurt to try as it's a free way to diagnose.
  15. daymoon

Hey all, Been tackling a vibration issue on my wheel set up for some time now (felt from 65ish to 80 mostly in pedal and floor), and wanted to get some opinions. After going through nearly every damn thread on this topic, I found what could possibly be my issue (I think). I found some threads...
  16. daymoon

Final decision with new wheels / tire combo. 235/45-17 vs 245/45-17

Yeah me having to be there 3 times should be a huge red flag, but the tech said the 'buyout' doesnt really go through until January so who knows how they'll warranty it, if at all.
  17. daymoon

Update: Bad news, had to go into Discount Tire a third time after my last rebalancing cause it still didnt feel right when driving and they said one of the wheels are damaged and can't get balanced (they put something like 17 weights on one side of the wheel!). The tech ordered a new wheel but...
  18. daymoon

Overall I really like these. Got them wrapped with DWS 06 Plus, they’re phenomenal in the rain since I can tell so far, hard to break traction. The extra meat on each wheel helps absorb bad potholes which is a huge plus. So far no downsides from my last set, you can call me a happy customer...
  19. daymoon

Lots of water in the spare tire well

In the mean time I got a straw and bent it so it could be forced inside of the tube, then cut the excess off. No water in the hatch so far and its been raining the past few days, def wan want to do it right though.
  20. daymoon

Lots of water in the spare tire well

Sweet thank you. Thankfully I have parts center not too far from me so shipping costs wont be an issue.