GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Well, I didn't read through all 213 pages...for that I apologize. I guess just buy new calipers from the dealer if you need pistons then.
  2. P

AH....I can see better now. Typically that groove/relief in the bottom of the piston is there to accomodate an anti-knockback spring...which these clearly don't have at the OE level. I'm holding to my story that Brembo had a couple different suppliers on the pistons...one made it into one...
  3. P

I can't see shit in that picture...any link to the original post or details as far as what is different besides the color? There's no reason why the inner and outboard pistons would be different. Edit: There are a few applications that use a similar piston but with a phenolic or ceramic...
  4. P

Probably 2 different anodizing batches in that picture...or the pistons on the outside had a different level of exposure to something. Heat/UV/cleaning chemicals can all fade anodizing dyes...while you can do UV resistant black (that's why most automatic doors at grocery stores, etc..are...
  5. P

Have you considered running a titanium heat shield shim between the pads and the pistons? Let me know if you'd like to try it
  6. P

I just pull the old pad out the top, turn it 90° and stick it back in halfway over the pistons and use it a prybar to push the pistons back....do one pad at a time, then install the new pad and do the other pad.
  7. P

Be careful, Aftermarket chinese brembo copies tend to be flexy sometimes. Do NOT commit to anything until you've put them on a car and tested them hot to make sure they maintain a good pedal. Some of the casting processes are not the greatest. These are not in any manner the same processes...
  8. P

Here's the link...https://autobrakesolutions.com/pages/product-result?rq=yr_2017~mk_porsche~md_macan~ix_base~lh_w-4-piston-front-calipers~in_front Front master kit: Part # K6259P1 -...
  9. P

Oooofff...makin' me work for it. no can do on the crossover pipes unfortunately. I can supply the appropriate length tube with the correct bubble flares and tube nuts on it in Nicop (copper nickle)...that won't rust and is super easy to bend using whatever you have on hand...a sharpie, a...
  10. P

https://autobrakesolutions.com/products/brembo-caliper-bleeder-screws-10-pack-bk9910?_pos=1&_sid=00dbce41d&_ss=r
  11. P

If anyone is in need during a rebuild...we now have pistons available for the Macan calipers, as well as rebuild and hardware kits https://autobrakesolutions.com/pages/product-result?rq=yr_2016~mk_porsche~md_macan~ix_base~lh_w-4-piston-front-calipers~in_front
  12. P

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Shipping took a week...lol. I had it boxed up and shipped out within 4 hours of it arriving at my shop.
  13. P

Not really...those surfaces were machined when the caliper was manufactured. That's normal oxidation, and pretty minor really. I've had plenty pass through my shop that were scrap...far worse than that. I wouldn't think twice about using that caliper...it looks fine.
  14. P

Be careful fixing this....I would recommend NOT doing it with a hand drill...it needs to be fixtured in a mill or at least drill press. The threads need to remain concentric and aligned with the seat at the bottom of the hole, or it will leak. Sometimes you'll get lucky by hand, more often...
  15. P

Need help with Stoptech brakes

See if you can measure the ID of the pistons....I can determine the piston OD from that and confirm you have the correct parts. Looks like you've got the wrong sizes, they should go in relatively easily. Its not too hard to squeeze one size larger seal into the seal groove and get the...
  16. P

Need help with Stoptech brakes

They should press in by hand... If you bead blasted and powdercoated the calipers, make sure you don't have any rogue powdercoat in the boot bores.
  17. P

I'm not sure Zeck can get it anymore. We offer it in both the 8oz bottle (should last you 3 life times) and a 1oz bottle....1 oz is good for 8-10 brembo calipers. https://autobrakesolutions.com/collections/small-parts-supplies
  18. P

Get a straight pick and try and shove it between the boot OD and the casting...you should be able to pry it out.
  19. P

Protect the threads during powdercoat if you remove the tube, or just leave it in place. No sealant is required or recommended. The threads do not seal anything...much like bleeder screws, they simply create the force to clamp the flared end of the tube against the seat machined in the...
  20. P

Saw your order come through...tried calling and email. We are out of stock on the silicone boot kits....we have plenty of kits with the OE style black rubber. Please check your email/voicemail and let me know so I can ship your order today and not be like the other guys....I gave you a few...