GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

What did you do to your mk7 today?

It was mid 80's in San Diego today, so I detailed my car, and went ahead and did the engine bay too, for @Acadia18
  2. C

If you keep 18-24" away and have a wide spray nozzle, you'll be fine. Every connector is built to be incredibly water resistant, and it sprays out much less water than the shower setting on your garden hose. It's a <10 year old German car, not a 1960s soviet shitbox. As long as there's distance...
  3. C

Blind Spot Monitoring Stopped Working

I had this happen on my wife's car a couple weeks ago. If you Google the fault, there is a TSB about it needing to be reprogrammed. Dealer spent 4 hours checking everything, and it literally ended up just being a recode. Shook hands and was on my way.
  4. C

Advice please

Perl is great — I clean my tires with ReTyre (or however it's spelled) which is excellent, then top with Perl straight from the bottle. While it's "curing" for 8-10 minutes, I use a separate dilution of Perl (3:1 water/Perl) for all the plastic trim with a detail brush, minus the honeycomb trim...
  5. C

Advice please

I've used Meguiar's 105/205 on my previous Japanese cars, and it was excellent. Ran out, now I have Griots Garage stuff and it works well. Tried a few chemical guys compounds and polishes and I'm underwhelmed. For a maintenance coating, I use CarPro Reload 2.0. Great stuff for what it is...
  6. C

RPF1 Fitment Questions

17x8 does – It's an extremely tight fit, not suitable for daily driving. The x9's though, likely have ther same face as the 18x9s, which might make it not fit.
  7. C

Indium Gray Metallic Money Pit Mk7.5R

Thanks for the quick reply. I had a Personal Neo Grinta 350 like a decade ago, but the offset bolt pattern rules it out... I'm just trying to decide which size to go with for when I pull the trigger. Maybe I haven't searched gated enough, but leather/red stitch/red strip would be awesome, but...
  8. C

Indium Gray Metallic Money Pit Mk7.5R

Couple questions about your steering wheel — brand/model? 330 or 350? And any airbag lights?
  9. C

I have the competition rear diffuser and it's mostly metal. The only plastic is the fins, presumably so they're easily replaceable.
  10. C

Yesterday. Took advantage of the gloomy marine layer and did a much needed interior cleanup (on top of a thorough exterior detail). I have a handheld blower that I use for getting water out of all the seams, and realized that it also makes vacuuming the interior 90% less work. It's like a poor...
  11. C

What's that in the middle?
  12. C

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Are mk7.5 GSWs facelifted the same as GTIs, or is it just bumpers? I'd like to upgrade the headlights on my wife's '18 GSW eventually and I honestly can't tell by looking at them.
  13. C

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Not today, but yesterday, recieved brushed aluminum mirror caps from @Track R . Quick, easy, communicative, and my wife is happy.
  14. C

That mismatched green is grinding my gears.
  15. C

Having an impossible time finding the correct sized rear pads for Autobahn (PP) 2018

That must be a typo on the website. I personally wouldn't consider rotor thickness in my choice of pads for a stock setup. As long as the part number is for PP brakes and not standard, you'll be fine.
  16. C

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Not for myself, but the wife. 2018 Sportwagen SEL with pretty much every option minus the lighting package. Major upgrade from her 2015 TDI S. Was owned, and pretty well maintained, by a long-time friend of the dealership owner, and friend of mine. Difference with trade-in value was about 10k...