GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. PRRGG1

Photos from the past...

That's sooooo nice. Yours is a two door, right? Sure wish they still offered those.
  2. PRRGG1

Oil change tools

Oh, I see what you mean now. I didn't buy everything at once, so didn't shoulder all of the cost in one order. A replacement drain plug comes in DAP's oil change kits, so I don't buy them separately.
  3. PRRGG1

Oil change tools

4. PRRGG1

Transmission service from non VW dealer - ok?

I'd also check the dipstick and check the quantity of engine oil they put in there. I bought a used Honda from a Ford dealer and they overfilled the crankcase by 1-1/2 QT in its 1.5L engine.
  5. PRRGG1

Oil change tools

I have Schwaben's drain plug tool and plan to add their funnel. For those that might have one, a 1-1/4" (31.75mm) socket also fits the filter housing.
  6. PRRGG1

Official Cornflower Blue GTI / Golf Thread

My '21 SE 6M on Tail of The Dragon. Reckless Senior Citizens! :giggle: [Photo by Killboy]
  7. PRRGG1

A fellow at the show showed his 2019 Cornflower, fitted with an R turbo, catch can, airbox, wheels, tuned, front spoiler and lowered.
  8. PRRGG1

My '21 SE 6M at Saturday's VW's In The Valley at Maggie Valley, NC. I took it on US-129 Tail of The Dragon and NC 28 Moonshiner the day prior and had a super fine time. 2nd and 3rd gears were my friends at 3K to 4K RPM. Even in stock form like mine, this is a great car. (y)
  9. PRRGG1

Sunroof leak

Haven't some owners had leaks at the tail lights that allows rainwater to enter and collect in the wheel well? I can't recall the details. Too, VW changed sunroof suppliers sometime around 2016/2017, bringing an improved gutter that surrounds the sunroof's perimeter. The previous design was...
  10. PRRGG1

Check Oil Level

Did you check the oil level immediately after the oil change? If not, it may have been underfilled. @YamR1rider has the right idea. Top it up and monitor the level regularly over the next several months to see if there's indeed a problem.
  11. PRRGG1

Blower Fan Replacement (Removal w/o Tools)

An aged, but very useful thread here. Just wanted to note that I used it to replace the cabin air fan in our '17 Golf Wolfsburg and it was a piece of cake. Current P/N is 5Q1-819-021-H .
  12. PRRGG1

Cabin Air Fan Inoperative (2017 Golf 5M)

Installed the new fan motor [ P/N 5Q1-819-021-H ] this morning and success! The link's instruction is honest and excellent in its detail. I ended up ordering the part at my Dealer, paying just a few dollars over ECS Tuning's price and getting next morning delivery at no extra charge. With the...
  13. PRRGG1

Well, the motor is locked up, maybe turns 1/4 of a rotation. I ordered a new motor and am keeping my fingers crossed that when the motor locked it didn't burn up the resistor component or a fuse if there is such.
  14. PRRGG1

For a bench test, this fan would run on 12 VDC (without the resistor assembly for speed selection), right?
  15. PRRGG1

Wow, thanks @Diggs24 . I searched beforehand and couldn't find much. This is perfect. (y) I'm thinking I could remove the motor and apply 12 VDC to its leads to test it.
  16. PRRGG1

My wife just phoned me to say that the cabin air fan is suddenly inoperative on her 2017 Golf Wolfsburg 5M (USA), so there's no A/C. All has been well beforehand. Is there a likely culprit for this? I don't own VCDS. I don't want to get snookered on a repair, i.e., if it's a failed cabin air...
  17. PRRGG1

inoperable sunroof sealant

Ah, glad that you found a solution and a cost-free one at that. If the new rubber part is affixed with glue, perhaps it takes a few days for it to cure.
  18. PRRGG1

inoperable sunroof sealant

Keep in mind that the exterior "seal" around the perimeter of your glass is not engineered to fully seal out all rainwater. It seals out most of it, but there's also an interior gutter around the entire perimeter to capture whatever rainwater enters past the exterior seal. It's connected to...
  19. PRRGG1

Coolant level info. in handbook

Which is now reformulated to what VW calls G12evo .
  20. PRRGG1

HELP :) mk7 pano roof won't close

Thought I'd throw this in for what it's worth: Sunroof Reset Procedure Open sunroof FULLY and CONTINUE to hold the switch in the full OPEN position for at least 5 Seconds. Close the sunroof FULLY and CONTINUE to hold the switch in the CLOSED position, the sunroof will immediately back up and...