GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Lth0ms0n

Suspected ABS sensor fault

I fixed it ☺️ No replacement, that would be the original sensor - which is either caked in shit (from years of trawling up and down to the south coast from Aberdeen) or knackered by excess heat (from the disc the day the fault developed). In all honesty, in all the scans I’ve done on the...
  2. Lth0ms0n

Ok, will nip out for some of that later then.. It's a new calliper so I doubt there's anything wrong with the seals. If there are no position sensors then I'm free to run through the procedure once I'm done at my desk this afternoon and (hopefully) that will resolve it.
  3. Lth0ms0n

Thanks Dave, I'll take a read through those later - I've had a quick look now, too much to take in on a sneaky glance when I should probably be working! I've cycled the parking brake a few times but no dice - will grease the pads as you advise, assuming it's better to get some dedicated brake...
  4. Lth0ms0n

I can't confirm what was done to the car when the pads and discs were replaced in 2019, that was done by a mechanic and not by myself. What I can say though, is I didn't have an issue with them at all prior to that - they first started squeaking (tell-tale sign) around 3 months later... Where...
  5. Lth0ms0n

On my way home a few weeks ago, I got in the car to find the dash lit like a Christmas tree - with basically every electrical system off… I’ve had a dodgy calliper (rear-right) which I assumed was the issue and replaced yesterday, but the issue persists… OBD11 says there are 5 faults on...
  6. Lth0ms0n

Enabling TMC in the UK - is it possible?

Aye, he'll be very swiftly reminded we're the one his lot couldn't conquer, all those times they tried 😉
  7. Lth0ms0n

Would you believe, The Scottish Government have been more than helpful on this? I'm as shocked as you are - someone actually had time to look into something other than Independence... The wonders never cease! Unfortunately, it's not good news... If what they said in their letter to me is to...
  8. Lth0ms0n

Suspected blown head-gasket

Don't seem to have either of those (yet). When I was out running it today, power delivery was absolutely fine. I know it being "lumpy" is usually an indicator of something untoward but there was no indication of anything to suggest that there was a problem. Not sure what else could have made...
  9. Lth0ms0n

It does seem to have cleared so this may just have been some sediment that found it's way into the expansion bottle overnight. I'm going to be doing another coolant system flush when I replace the heater core this month anyway but not sure if this is the start of the signs of a head-gasket issue...
  10. Lth0ms0n

We suspected it may have leaked on Saturday as there was a pool of something on the ground underneath it on Saturday afternoon. This has since dried up (with no residue left behind) which leads me to think it was probably just condensation dripping from the air conditioner. I will check it...
  11. Lth0ms0n

Hi all, I found white coolant in my engine this afternoon when I nipped out to check it. I had to fill the expansion chamber yesterday because after a long run on Saturday (around 200 miles, dual carriageway on a warm day) when I arrived home, I was greeted by a lot of glugging from the heater...
  12. Lth0ms0n

Yes, they are all correct. Well, the adaptation is right - I can't tell you about the long-coding though. 😅 I'm beginning to suspect some foul play from VW here - at least, in the UK. I drove my car to Perth yesterday and when - I arrived, this happened: So, I can confirm that the car...
  13. Lth0ms0n

The plot thickens! Unfortunately, this means I have more questions for you... When was the last time this worked, do you know? Has it ever worked for you? Is this a Discover Nav, or a Discover Pro? Has it been modded, or hacked, in any way, or has it been in your car since it was built? Are...
  14. Lth0ms0n

The plot thickens! Unfortunately, this means I have more questions for you... When was the last time this worked, do you know? Has it ever worked for you? Is this a Discover Nav, or a Discover Pro? Has it been modded, or hacked, in any way, or has it been in your car since it was built? Are...
  15. Lth0ms0n

Discover Pro MIB1 hacking

@Chillout sorry to bump such an old thread, I'm in the middle of trying to figure out why I can't get TMC data from my Delphi MIBII unit - I've found the TMC Tracing options in the GEM (mine is running v4.3) but when I push the button to trace to SD, nothing happens. I've spent HOURS searching...
  16. Lth0ms0n

I had a quick look - as I'm not an Aussie, I'm not familiar but SUNA is available in Adelaide, so at least we know that's not the issue. What do you see, in the Green Engineering Menu, if you go into AnalogTuner and then check: TMC_3.0 table TMC_list TMC_stat If you're not sure how to get...
  17. Lth0ms0n

That's no problem. :) It just doesn't seem to work with any of them. I may arrive at the point where this does indeed become a geographic (read: political) problem, in that - as with many things - despite being the economic powerhouse of Scotland, the North East just gets left by the wayside...
  18. Lth0ms0n

I have no idea how it’s been done tbh. My understanding was it was being done as it would have been in the factory, with ODIS, but I digress… The reason I wouldn’t suggest using 32771 is because it, according to TMCProviderSets.xml, prefers Online data first. The general config seems to...
  19. Lth0ms0n

That makes sense, 3G0 would be the MIB2 and 5Q0 is the MIB1. This will be for Car-Net provisioning. If you look at the TMCProviderSets.xml file in the Navigation Data, you will see both of those listed - the difference being that set 32768 states use_online_traffic="true", 1023 doesn't. I was...
  20. Lth0ms0n

Pahahaha! Well, consider that fact, checked, then. 🤣🤣 I’ve already gotten a step further - you don’t need to extract logs from the unit to see what I wanted to see. In the Green Engineering Menu (I have to stop and laugh at the fact that’s actually what they call it) you can see the following...