GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. V

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Do those bushings keep the same geo as factory? I know the rs3 runs much more factory neg camber and a touch more castor, and I'm sure most/some of that is bought at the knuckle... But bushing...? How's the r34 to drive? I drove an r35 on track, and while quite fast to get 90% of the limit, the...
  2. V

Narrower wheels or a lower offset would be the solution. Anything to buy 3-5mm inside clearance on the rim. The 17x9 already poke a ton, so I think a better size would be 17x8.5, but it's too bad they don't have a forged wheel in this size. The issue is all that added castor moves the whole...
  3. V

I have the superpro and like them a lot. They add a tremendous amount of front end grip from the castor. Mid corner steering weight is way heavier under higher G as well. Downside is with css knuckles the apex forged 17x9 wheels rub on the tie rods at full lock.
  4. V

This makes me think of geocaching. Remember when humans trusted other humans to share exploration fun with other humans and expected nothing in return? Today it's all about who can turn it into an exciting vlog instead
  5. V

Probably because it doesn't register it as an event. All the sensors are sensing specific things, like knock. There's no sensor to determine how well a spark occurred. Nothing measures load at the two grounding points, either. So something is just eluding the sensors. In my case, a lot of...
  6. V

When you say stuttering, what do you mean? Changing plugs makes it go away?
  7. V

Inconsistent and spongy brake pedel feel.

In this case I would say it has to be one of the internal seals in the MC... Problem is you mentioned before this doesn't occur when the handbrake or rear brakes have been depressed. Is that still true? If so the only points where air could be getting in might be one of the rear caliper...
  8. V

Geez. You could just go with grade 8 hardware and call it good with that amount of churn. Or go big baller and do all titanium hardware 😎
  9. V

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

Those volvos are just so damn pretty
  10. V

If there's no stamp there's usually an indentation on the rotor edge that shows the minimum thickness you can measure with a gauge. Yes typically 2-3mm smaller than new, but often new rotors are a bit thicker than the listed spec and in my experience they're usually far gone before they hit the...
  11. V

Brakes/rotors?

They should be virtually noise free. You can check and relube the backing or rebed to help. Agreed on dust. They are not low dust at all, but they can handle quite a bit of heat, so that's the tradeoff. Thankfully the dust from them is not particularly corrosive.
  12. V

Golf R Russian roulette

When used cars are retaining value the way they have been, I find buying new starts to make more sense. Too bad there's virtually nothing new to buy out there that's interesting.
  13. V

Golf R Russian roulette

13k is a pipe dream for them... That's a 5-7k car all day.
  14. V

Portableapps based tools routinely trigger AV. Many of our corporate tools have flagged things and caused our security team to waste a day or two verifying if it's legitimate or not. Most of the time it's harmless and just poor naming conventions or janky unsigned code that triggers things, but...
  15. V

Inconsistent and spongy brake pedel feel.

The front brakes apply something like 80% of the pressure the rears do, so you wouldn't really feel a disc warp under light pressure unless you're familiar with the feeling and know what to look for. It's hard to tell from just looking at the disc, you really do have to measure it with a caliper...
  16. V

I have the previous gen version of one of these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-52-in-W-x-25-in-D-Heavy-Duty-9-Drawer-Mobile-Workbench-Cabinet-with-Adjustable-Height-Hardwood-Top-in-Matte-Black-HOLC5209BB1M/305410517 I measured today because I was curious. Despite that 24.5" depth, the...
  17. V

I looked at husky, flow wall, and new age when looking at similar systems before. These are the kind of kits that typically don't work for me personally due to the weight capacities of certain parts and the relatively short depth. I tend to keep heavy tools, nails, bolts, paints, and various...
  18. V

In your case I'd say then the toolbox kits are probably not the best bang per buck. I've personally found that with the weight and expense of tools, a cheap storage solution isn't really a thing. The husky stuff is a pretty solid value on sale. They work quite well and unlike some of the...
  19. V

Vice grips and a wrench. Vice grips to "gently" hold the clip part down and a wrench to pop it off
  20. V

If transport on occasion is a thing for you, the toolbox systems are key. I have a couple of the Dewalt toughsystem kits, some drawer boxes, mechanics toolset, and a variety of other things, and that stuff saves me a ton of time on track days. Just roll it on the trailer and call it good, then...