GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GTI*59

Dash cam idiots

I think our boy was tired. I know I was.
  2. GTI*59

MK7 GTI Stage 2 vs 2020 Mustang GT

That new Garrett Powermax looks interesting 🤓
  3. GTI*59

MK7 Confessions

Paint the springs black.
  4. GTI*59

MK7 Confessions

I stripped one of the 10mm coil pack ground studs by repeatedly hitting it with an impact wrench.
  5. GTI*59

MK7 GTI Stage 2 vs 2020 Mustang GT

I'm 6MT, stage 2 91 octane with basic supporting mods. Downpipe, Ebay Wagner clone IC, clutch kit, and so on. Mustang is 6MT and stock powerwise. It has a catback, chassis mods and a nice short throw shifter. Also running 91. Results are as expected. 5.0 pulls away easily with its top end...
  6. GTI*59

Mk7 Vs. Mountain

Our cars truly shine on mountain and back roads. I'm content with stock turbo stage 2 for straight line performance so the canyons are where I get my driving fix.
  7. GTI*59

Favorite tools? Tool collectors? Trades?

Those are pretty. I'll try snapon if my SKs ever break. Agreed. Some of my Pittsburgh tools won't budge. Not complaining though lol. Good tools for good work. I've spent lots of time reading through your guides. Thank you. I've heard. My Makitas are holding strong for now. I recently picked...
  8. GTI*59

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

I currently have a CTS catted DP, Borla S-Type 2.5" catback with a 17930 welded to the midpipe section. I've had it a while and it's really awesome but it sounds inconsistent. I think the downpipe is suspect cause of the accuseal clamps on the cat, 2.5" reducer, and/or the connection to the...
  9. GTI*59

If you were buying again DSG or MT

Great point with those mods you mentioned. I did all of them. Changing the shifter was a revelation lol. I went with a Raceseng knob that weighs about a pound. I went back to the golf ball for a day and it felt like a toy. I don't feel the need for a short shift kit but I think the bushings and...
  10. GTI*59

If you were buying again DSG or MT

I've been driving my 6MT GTI for almost six years now. Not looking for another car anytime soon but if I were to get... another GTI -> manual. Golf R -> DSG. I'm currently on stock turbo stage 2. It felt a bit hairy managing 3 pedals and the stick when I first tuned but it's pretty easy now...
  11. GTI*59

Official Pure White GTI / Golf Thread

Wow, some big events.I wish you the best of luck with everything.
  12. GTI*59

DKM Stage 2 Clutch?

Good Good purchase on the BFI knob. A weighted shift knob makes a really big difference. I'd consider removing the clutch assist spring and removing the delay valve diaphragm in the clutch block. Two awesome free mods. As far as tires go, Continental has somewhat sidewalls. I went from Indy...
  13. GTI*59

DKM Stage 2 Clutch?

I feel the same way. Mine's a 15 S. Had it since Oct 2015. How many miles/km are you at now? As far as crankwalk goes, just don't think or worry about it. It's happened to stock cars and modified cars. I'm at 75k miles now. DKM since 62k. I used Ceratec as a preventitive measure and let off...
  14. GTI*59

Continental Extremecontact Sport - Soft sidewalls? Does it get better?

They handle great on the backroads! I'm looking forward to a rainy day now.
  15. GTI*59

DKM Stage 2 Clutch?

Hello! I'm happy to see this clutch kit getting some love. The pedal will get significantly lighter as it breaks in. At 2000mi mine was a tad heavier than stock. I can't say the gear chatter has gotten any better on mine though. It's really an enigma. Sometimes it's quiet and sometimes I'm...
  16. GTI*59

Favorite tools? Tool collectors? Trades?

Anyone collect nice tools? Hand tools, power tools, digital tools, diagnostic tools, ... what do you like? Here are a few I've become fond of from working on my GTI and venturing into carpentry. M12 Stubby 3/8" impact hands down. Sunex master socket set to go with it like bread and butter...
  17. GTI*59

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Following your color scheme, here's my take on SD driving. Everything in red is a test of your mental fortitude.
  18. GTI*59

Continental Extremecontact Sport - Soft sidewalls? Does it get better?

Cold pressures were 37 psi across all tires except for the FR at 32 psi. Found the culprit. Raised all tires to 39 cold and it feels much more stable now. It definitely feels a hair number than the Indys but far from lazy. Pushed it 3/10ths in the canyons following some newbs and all felt good...
  19. GTI*59

Hardwired dashcam help

Is this the same fuse 37? Left DRL sounds to me like it wouldn't be a constant hot wire. If I remember right, I made fuse 40 for 12v outlets constant hot by lowering it down a notch. I then put an add-a-circuit there for my dashcams. The order of the fuses on the add-a-circuit is respective to...
  20. GTI*59

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

You should try taking the rear seats out at least once though. ;) Cold night IATs + weight reduction come together for some serious pulls and response.