GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. DV52

Heated Steering Wheel?

haha...... Thanks (also @Kushdaiin) for the generous words - but the fact is that my meager contributions pale into insignificance compared to those of both of you!! And NO, it ain't a competition !! :cool: Agree - but I suspect that the Climatronic module first needs to be told to display the...
  2. DV52

Heated Steering Wheel?

@Benrawr : Hi. hmm........ how certain are you that this car was actually factory built with a heated Steering Wheel? And, whilst you don't identify the model/build-year of this car - isn't the switch for this function on the steering wheel buttons? If so, you will need to change the buttons...
  3. DV52

MIB2HIGH screen issue

hmm........if the MIB stops "working in a couple days without it" - it's highly unlikely that the reason will be this error! The error message is telling you that the final step in the process of updating/changing software has not been completed. Of the many modules that can be installed in...
  4. DV52

Rearview camera not working after MIB2 retrofit, help please!

@k810i007 : Hi The protocol for the reverse camera that is used by a MIB is CVBS (Colour Video Blanking Sync signal; “Colour TV wire”) Don
  5. DV52

MIB2HIGH screen issue

@GTDinGermany: Hi and well done!! B201A = Check Software Version Management. The error simply means that the MIB needs an updated "check code" for the version software. It is normally easily fixed by running the existing check code through an exclusive-or calculator (which uses a specific...
  6. DV52

Reverse camera issues after swap to MIB2

@201gti: Hmm............ with absolutely NO offense intended - I'm not really sure that the "VPS" channels are a manual/DSG thing!! Rather, the VPS channels tell the MIB how to communicate with the camera. A low-line camera is a "dumb" device in that it simply hangs-off the 12 Volt rail -...
  7. DV52

DIY: Virtual Cockpit Retrofit MK7 (aliexpress version)

hmm.......... I have never used one of these "Chinese" displays- but I did some experimentation many years ago on altering the factory illumination levels on analogue dashboard modules. If anyone here is willing to "try stuff" - maybe some of my early findings might work on these retrofit...
  8. DV52

hmm...... as I request in the signature part of ALL my posts - these matters properly belong in...

hmm...... as I request in the signature part of ALL my posts - these matters properly belong in the forum itself! When (If?) you write a post - send me a link to your words. Also include an unedited (meaning NO edits) copy of a SCAN so we can see how this car was built and what errors are...
  9. DV52

Very sensitive break pedal

OK - bummer!!!! As I said "I've not personally tried this tweak". HERE is a post from someone that made this change - so apparently the tweak is doable without the "screaming" and "flashing" I'm really not sure if the other values might be more successful. I guess "early/late" is simply a...
  10. DV52

ACC to CCS.... Is it possible

@MopedMan: Maybe read THIS Don
  11. DV52

@Serpher. OK - I normally start my reply to these sort of matters with a statement of the obvious (but it's worth saying nevertheless IMO): tinkering with the factory settings of safety functions like the car's brakes should ONLY be done with extreme care - and clearly the responsibility to do...
  12. DV52

ACC to CCS.... Is it possible

@MopedMan: Hi. I've not personally done this project - but I understand ALL the matters listed in your "few things to point out here" (these are your decisions - I don't judge others on forums ;)) The first comment to make is that the video in your link relates to a 8RO chassis car- whereas...
  13. DV52

@Serpher: Hi. While @YamR1rider advice is correct - your observation regarding the Brake function at slow-speed/reverse could be caused by. . factors other than brake-pedal pressure. The ABS module in this MQB platform car has lots of supporting functions (like hill-hold, dynamic starting...
  14. DV52

Enable "Hot Country" A/C with Obdeleven?

Tristan: Hi. For obvious reasons related in the main to the fact that I live in the very, very deep south, I'm really not sure what is normal VW practice on a "Yankee" model Golf mk7/mk7.5. However, my hunch is that the binding issue on this car might be the fact that it does NOT have the...
  15. DV52

How to code new MIB2 with reversing sensors and TPMS

@baldybouncer: hmm....... I'm not sure that I entirely understand your bolded question about "upload". If you want to show the forum your "google docs" comparison for the OLD/NEW 5F-module coding - then upload the document on a hosting site and include a link on a forum post here. However, I'm...
  16. DV52

How to code new MIB2 with reversing sensors and TPMS

@baldybouncer- : Hi. Alas, replacing a MIB2 into a mk7 is NOT plug-and-play!!! ;) hmm........ so, let's get back to basics! The MIB in this car is a "module" that lives @ address 5F on the CAN network and yes, as you have "found" - the 5F module has 2 x separate coding facilities called...
  17. DV52

MK7.5 OEM LED Headlights Retrofit

hmm.......... do this: Fire-up the VCDS software and connect the VCDS dongle to the car Select Auto-Scan from the screen below: : Select Start from the screen below: Wait until the SCAN is finished - then Select Save The SCAN result is saved to a file in your C:\VCDS\Logs directory on your...
  18. DV52

OK - thanks for the photos (the headlight connector is the standard 14 x pin version). What version diagnostic device are you using and can you post-up a SCAN of the car?
  19. DV52

Retrifit fog lights - connecting the light switch

Yes, it is "interesting".!! As I have said - the reason for the 10th pin on non-OEM rotary light switches is because of the introduction of non-OEM light sensors that piggy-back onto the connector. But it shouldn't matter - the non-OEM switch should work OK if you use it on a car that has...
  20. DV52

Not good!! There seems to be NO PR code related to the headlights on the sticker in your picture!! Very strange - not sure if Brazil practices are different! How many pins are on the FACTORY headlight connector on this car (i.e. on the factory loom side of the headlight connector - not the...