GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Johaan

How to retro-fit the jack pads from the Audi A3 (2013->)

Know it’s old, but this was a helpful guide. All the parts are still available at e-acca, cost me about $130 with fed ex shipping. Took 3 weeks to get. Photo below of my parts and tools pre- install (except jack to send the cover home, and grease). Didn’t need to put it on ramp, only hitch was...
  2. Johaan

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

Fairly well, still loving mine after almost two years. While more folks in my area are getting them, I've yet to see a set in the wild... recommend them when I can. That said, I literally just found a finish issue on one of mine. Had what looked like a paint bubble on the inside spoke flake...
  3. Johaan

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Finally turned off start-stop with OBD11 after annoying me for almost 4 years. Never trusted it on the hills around here after a loud DSG engagement on an incline. Happened just once, but was enough for me to keep turning it off.
  4. Johaan

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Thx. Yeah, realize intercooler is likely first in the upgrade path, just wasn’t sure it’s worth it on stock tune until ready to start killing the warranty - so bundled it together. I’ve been happy with my EBC pads and slotted rotors so far, but not done any thing more than mountain runs. Wasn’t...
  5. Johaan

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Been following this thread through the ups and downs. As a stocker GTI, seems I’m the target on the path, and it has a lot of value compared to pure software, but need to add the incidentals such as install, plugs, intercooler, and perhaps upgraded brakes since I’m an S (more go probably needs...
  6. Johaan

I have a Taos and GTI, and my Taos black wheel package is fine for what it is. Apex wheels would probably look good on it, especially in black against my kings red. The Taos is no barn burner though, would be pure cosmetics. I’d wondered about the offset, could not find any specs with a quick...
  7. Johaan

auto stop start not working

My battery was good enough to start and run the car just fine as well, but if the charge is not at full cap, the computer won’t kick in start/stop. Recall it’s running only on battery at that point so it won’t risk the shutdown if it could drain too low. May not be your issue, was just my...
  8. Johaan

auto stop start not working

Check your battery. If it’s on the way out, start/stop gets intermittent. If the cold sapped it, might be your issue. Dealers don’t always check this… took a couple times to get mine sorted.
  9. Johaan

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

Yeah caught that after posting. Never used them, will check it out
  10. Johaan

This sounds like fun. A little more noise than my stock air box with the drop in, but not enough to get annoying. Too bad it won’t make it in time to get under the Xmas tree. I’ll prob just wait till back in stock or go 3rd party.
  11. Johaan

These went out of stock pretty quickly I guess. Now not shipping till end of year. Guess it was the right price point for a lot of folks. Upgraders still happy with the choice after a month?
  12. Johaan

How to choose the right ECU upgrade

Oh! Am I reading it right as a stock tune? That jolt after accelerating past moderate to low throttle on stock is because of the DV clamping down? I feel this commonly in second or third on my DSG in the neighborhood. Interesting that a tune would improve that. This is why I read these threads...
  13. Johaan

Failed Thermostat Housing/Coolant Loss Info Gathering

It seems to me I still have a leak. Photos show the coolant reservoir at time of service in December, and now after ~10 months and only 1,700 miles. I haven't gone anywhere this year with the pandemic. The problem is maddening for a car with only 22k miles on it. To date I've replaced: Oil...
  14. Johaan

I guess that depends if unfiltered can get in or not. Tightening it is not an option I guess? I haven’t pulled the trigger yet, was waiting to see what folks thought about the build quality first. Price is great, like the look, just worried it was too good to be true.
  15. Johaan

So is this a 1-off or you think it might be more common?
  16. Johaan

Official Night Blue Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

With my new Apex wheels…
  17. Johaan

Only had time today for a quick photo at the park. Digging it.
  18. Johaan

18s representing! Love it... finally got them done today. 2018 MK7.5 - GTI-S Night blue Stock Suspension APEX SM-10 18 x 8.5 in anthracite Michelin AS4 235/40 R18 Lunch-hour photos... will get better ones this weekend.
  19. Johaan

Turns out I bought a tuned CPO car

Given all that was wrong with my CPO (dead battery, oil cooler leak, thermostat housing leak, radiator puncture), I put less stock in CPO inspection than I once did. My car was 16k miles and I think they just slapped the CPO tag on it because of the low miles. I looked at that option for much...