GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. helushune

Helix Soundbox Upgrade Information Post!

I agree with the source makes a big difference. For me, there is a noticeable difference between mp3/flac files on a sd card compared to playing files off plexamp with android auto; the sd card just sounds better. Are you converting from 24/96 and 16/44 FLAC? My head unit has no problem...
  2. helushune

Anyone else into homelabbing?

Spinning rust or SSD? Spinners, I'm partial to Western Digital and HGST. SSD/NVME, I tend to go with Samsung.
  3. helushune

Is OBDELEVEN still in business?

I got VCDS installed and running in both a Bottles and Lutris Wine environments so I took the plunge and got a cable.
  4. helushune

THE Helix Dongle Programming Rental Thread -- Part 2

Pretty much. You plug the programmer in to the amp, select the appropriate program number, then press the knob to program the amp.
  5. helushune

Interesting; are you setting back the clock or anything? I don't have experience with Pro but Enterprise will eventually start doing things if it thinks it's being pirated. Setting the background to black, disabling the USB ports, nuking its boot partition on the MBR/UEFI. I'm hoping some VW...
  6. helushune

Haldex fluid fill pump.

I got some random fluid pump off Amazon that was too long for the fluid container, similar to that Slippery Pete one. It was a bit of a disaster but, ultimately, it did the job. Just pump fluid in the fill hole until it starts running out and you're good; It doesn't take the entire bottle.
  7. helushune

The product has been getting worse. Annual subscription for any Pro accounts and they took away the daily free credits by opening the app. I kind of regret getting it but VCDS doesn't play nice with Linux and I'm not shelling out for a Windows license.
  8. helushune

I grew up on the CLI and prefer it to GUIs; it's so much faster. The VyOS CLI is very similar to Juniper JunOS; I think they even mention in the docs somewhere they used JunOS as inspiration but I might be thinking of its parent project, Vyatta. You'd probably feel right at home on Juniper...
  9. helushune

Twisted Sisters Run - Gauging Interest

Sweet! I'm thinking October/November for the Autumn colors. I did the run last year in mid/late December and was in love with all the red/orange/yellow but most of the leaves had already fallen. I've heard Spring is quite nice too when the bluebonnets are out. Last time, I completely missed...
  10. helushune

It's nice to see someone running VyOS. It's a great project and I wish it had more traction. I use it in network simulations frequently and deployed it at my last job as a way to save on licensing costs. It's very capable and has a great development team behind it that are very active within...
  11. helushune

I own a programming dongle and it's currently set to 57. I have tinnitus and listen to a lot of music to drown it out, which I think is the root of my problem. My first four cars didn't have A/C so I'm used to rolling down the windows. The roads here have pretty high speed limits compared to...
  12. helushune

stock 6mt clutch

It seems the South Bend or Sachs is a pretty common choice. I'm still debating what to move to.
  13. helushune

Has anyone upgraded the rest of their speakers while using the Helix system? What did you go with? Was it worth it? I have the Helix sub and amp but am still using the stock speakers. While it sounds fine most of the time, I wish the door speakers were a bit louder/clearer when I have the...
  14. helushune

stock 6mt clutch

I flashed to EQT Stage 1 about 8 months ago (didn't write down mileage) and am still on the stock clutch and it seems like it's holding up alright but I don't launch or go WOT in 5th or 6th. I think the thing to do is bank for a replacement since the stock clutch seems to be running on borrowed...
  15. helushune

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Rolled over to 57k so I replaced the serpentine belt for piece of mind. Not difficult but a bit of a pain to make sure the belt is properly aligned and staying that way before slipping it over the alternator. Also slapped in a new Mann C30005 and allergen cabin filter. Got some Ruths and VAQ...
  16. helushune

Close encounters - Austin edition

I'm tall and a bit of a fatass; I need all the advantage I can get. I see lots of Mk6/7/7.5 GTIs on my morning commute but get blank stares whenever I wave or give the peace sign. I get more of a response from the classic car drivers.
  17. helushune

Twisted Sisters Run - Gauging Interest

I'd like to start an annual Twisted Sisters run/meetup or something to that effect. Last year, I did the run in mid-December and the roads were pretty empty but could definitely be much nicer to look at in October/November instead with all the fall colors. That said, there's definitely...
  18. helushune

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I'm looking for some door/tweeter speaker upgrades that work with the Helix system. Are the JL C1-650 considered the go-to with an existing Helix system? I'm looking to upgrade both the front and rear speakers to something that's more clear/defined.
  19. helushune

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Received a DAP short shifter and got it installed same-day. I like how defined the gears are now but it makes me really notice the turbo lag. The VW shift linkage/counterweight gave up a good fight but I eventually got it off.
  20. helushune

Member List By State Thread

Kyle, Western Austin TX, mid-level tools and knowledge, garage, grandfathered ODB11 Pro with a bunch of credits that I'm never going to use. Working on a MaxJack and advanced tooling. I may/will subject you to prog rock. EDIT: I also own a Helix programming dongle should the need arise.