GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GTIscream

Battery connections

*That* sounds awesome. Did you do the ziptie thing on that cable join? i was hoping that might be enough but if you figure out a pullstring i'm doing it. That whole thread freaked me out seeing folks drill out their emblem.
  2. GTIscream

Battery connections

i'm totally going to order another one...
  3. GTIscream

Battery connections

Haven't searched for the post, but this is the plug he stuck in his cowel: https://www.ctek.com/uk/battery-chargers-12v-24v/accessories/car-accessories/indicator-panel-1-5m
  4. GTIscream

Battery connections

And my 2020 doesn't have the battery module.
  5. GTIscream

Battery connections

Yeah, without the battery module i would put the rings directly on the battery as well probably.
  6. GTIscream

Battery connections

i actually bought that negative battery terminal cover cuz i thought the sticker / diagram was cool to have. Part # 5Q0971813. Then i lost it. :confused:
  7. GTIscream

Battery connections

You saw the post of the guy who bought the Ctek plug and put it into his cowel? Charge without having to pop the hood? Looked pretty cool assuming it doesn't leak. Without the module, my understanding is that putting the negative jumper on the chasis has always been to prevent sparks right...
  8. GTIscream

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Even though there is a week of nothing but rain in the forecast, it was finally warm enough to wash the car (filling the wash buckets with warm water of course)! Which of course means i've doomed the rest of New England. Take that rest of New England! And don't forget the exhasut tips:
  9. GTIscream

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

i appreciate the post. And you are right! When we were testing the finished product out i was a little freaked out with the amount of condensate that formed inside the tank and pick-up tubing. i thought maybe it was just the pressure and the fact that it was 70-80% humidity out, but it didn't...
  10. GTIscream

MK7 Confessions

And held your breath as you later pulled away? That's frightening and impressive.
  11. GTIscream

And for the record, the posts/science from @DerHase are completely infectious and fun. i had found his website a while back and it took me a while to figure out it was his website.
  12. GTIscream

*Just* pressure bleeding? You mean pressure bleeding with awesomeness! But yeah, it's just pressure bleeding. Thought it would be fun to build one with my son. And it was pretty awesome. We left it hooked it up to the tire inflator. He would run back and forth checking the pressure and...
  13. GTIscream

Replacing heater matrix caused coolant temp to drop when heating turned on

The heating coil is just basically a radiator, right? i remember having to do this same thing on an overheat in a distant life.
  14. GTIscream

i'd have done it even knowing the snow was coming. i've been waiting for wind chill to get tolerable.
  15. GTIscream

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

If you have plenty of space then it's all the easier to set up then! i've only had the Quickjack for about a year but have used it over a dozen times already. i stressed over the purchase for quite a while before finally going for it. It has turned out to be one of those purchases with zero...
  16. GTIscream

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

i have a Quickjack. It is great if you have limited space. And it really does get the car up high. My old 3 ton jack stands cannot reach the sub-frame when the Quickjack is at max height. i can recline sideways up on my elbow under the car to get my head up to see things like the VAQ fill...
  17. GTIscream

i dread state inspections for that reason. i want to put masking tape arrows etc on the side of the car. Not sure that would go over well.
  18. GTIscream

That looks brilliant! i ordered a four nozzle model as i only have a small electric pressure washer pretty much just for washing the car. Not sure it can handle even four nozzles. We'll find out. It's not like i'm stripping paint with it, right?