GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

RGB Ambient Lighting (hopes/dreams)... pre-facelift Mk7

@Andrei1496 I'll respond more as I have time to keep looking, but so far... In my car these values were between 0.0 and 1.0, but all yours are 64... not sure what's going on here. IDE11477-ENG128587-Interior lighting: parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_cockpit,64 ,256...
  2. C

Access to the front door connector.

Remove the speaker. You'll have to drill out the rivets. You can rivet them back in place. Or use some clip-on nut plates and screws to make the speakers removable. This is what I've done.
  3. C

Cuzoe's 2015 Golf TDI S Journal

I initially went to 310mm brakes from the GTI PP. This did require different brake lines. I'm not sure if you will need lines going to 272mm. You are correct regarding the caliper/bracket. Dust shields will be close. I flattened the edges of mine with some flat nose pliers instead of...
  4. C

Porsche 17Z and pair 18Z from Q7

I believe you're right. Someone on this forum went to MK6 R knuckles on a 7 R and ran either the 17 or 18z, I'll find the thread. Couldn't find that thread with the Golf R but here's a thread for an Alltrack which is the same as far knuckles, and has way more detail than the thread I was...
  5. C

Porsche 17Z and pair 18Z from Q7

Golf TDI has steel knuckles. I ran 17z's on mine for a while. Can confirm, Mercedes rotors needed. I don't know if the TSI has steel knuckles or if it has aluminum knuckles but with 50 mm struts. If it's the steel knuckles, the TSI could probably run 17z or 18z. It's a definite no-go for the...
  6. C

Retrofitting Heated Steering Wheel

That will not be happening. I'm not even moving north of SoCal, haha. This is the climatronic panel with steering wheel heat. Somewhere I thought I saved a picture of the manual with steering heat, can't find it (maybe doesn't exist, haha)... But this thread from 2015 is someone with...
  7. C

Retrofitting Heated Steering Wheel

Yes it is. I've seen a picture of a non-climatronic panel with the steering wheel heat icon on the same button as the seat heat. Would have been from an early ROW Mk7 with cold weather package. To this day I have not been able to find a part number for that panel. I have the MK8 wheel which...
  8. C

What did you do to your mk7 today?

AWIC over here in TDI land... but from looking at pictures (and no actual experience) it appears you are correct.
  9. C

Looks like they have their own brackets, picture in this listing... https://www.cascadegerman.com/product/evolution-ares-skid-plate-mk7/ Their brackets look similar to the OEM skid plate mounting brackets, PN 5Q0825921 and 5Q0825922...
  10. C

Golf Mk7 Variant UK edition

No one is giving incorrect answers on purpose, people are just trying to help. Does not mean they will never be wrong though 😬. Anyway, picture 2. All the disconnects run into the bumper on the right side. That gives one place to disconnect if the bumper is being removed. J1086 goes on the...
  11. C

Any Update on the Replacement for 3g Car-net

Telematics fault has no faults, I have no complaints :LOL:. Address 75: Telematics (J949) Labels:| 5QE-035-285.clb Part No SW: 5QE 035 285 A HW: 5QE 035 285 A Component: OCULowMQBUS 007 0564 Dataset Number: 561098V____ 0408 Coding: 02730002C2821A017F1E06000000 Shop #...
  12. C

Drive mode/Traction control button not functioning

No there is not, the mode button provides a momentary ground input to the BCM, Plug C Pin 34. - The traction control button is also on the switch module (left side of shifter, EX23) but is not shown on this drawing. You can get all drawings (and other manuals) for your car from...
  13. C

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

This one is a translucent OLED screen. It's not projected on anything. It can show navigation from Waze. I'm not sure how that will work if I'm also running Android Auto... Which of course can also do Waze although I don't use it. I sat it on the dash just to sort of see how it would look and...
  14. C

Gotcha, I was reading about that, switch to gateway "only" FECs. Making it hard for retrofitters one step at a time. I feel like plane MQB is the last of the "good for retrofits" platforms. And even some of that is getting difficult if you have early (let's say 5Q0 gateway) MQB. If I could...
  15. C

Correct, it's not integrated. It's just neat... and I've seen exactly zero of them in the wild. I expect I'll use it maybe a dozen times, then never again... worth it (to me) at what I paid. Not worth it at the $850ish MSRP total. I've had several of them on eBay watch lists for the better...
  16. C

@Acadia18 and @swcrow It's unclear whether this will work in the Golf or not but I'm thinking it will. Power connection in the fuse box, wiring and pins are included with the install kit and a can bus box that's also included with the kit. It has plug and pins to tap in near the gateway...
  17. C

DCC Slider Mod

@olaf to make it short and sweet. A lot of us would not recommend the DSC/APR controller at all. Neither company has shown any interest in fixing the issues on the mqb platform. You are correct that they only advertise support for three modes and most people are not even getting that.
  18. C

A little HUD action 😬. This might actually be installed without my usual tendency towards procrastination.
  19. C

Things of little interest to most, but played around with PLA 3's ability to help you back out of a parking spot, haha.