2. K

Any Other Atheist Here?

This thread is weird, please continue.
  3. K

CSB3: Finding Out All The Ladies Who Use Dating Apps Are Also Quacks

This is my fave JDM car... :ROFLMAO:
  4. K

Service tech question

The seals on the factory door speakers are a common failure point on these cars as they age. As far as I know there is no separate gasket, it is built into the speaker frame. If the dealer determined that's where your leak is coming from, and you have aftermarket speakers, I don't see why they...
  5. K

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Thanks, just ordered one.
  6. K

What did you do to your mk7 today?

@Mass_Paul, what are you using in the 12V outlet below your shifter? I've been looking for something understated like that.
  7. K

Kids are awesome! All you can do is hope they grow out of it quickly. And constantly clean up disgusting messes, of course.
  8. K

Congrats dude! I hope you stocked up on sleep!
  9. K

Are there any plug and play amp upgrades?

The Helix is only designed to work with the stock speakers and Helix sub. So using aftermarket speakers with the Helix setup is not going to sound right. Audiocontrol makes great amps, and you'll have more than enough power if you retain the Helix sub. However, 6.5" subs just don't play very...
  10. K

Are there any plug and play amp upgrades?

Did you program your Helix with the dongle? It makes a big difference from what I've heard. You need much bigger power and ground wire for that Audiocontrol amp than what the Helix harness provides. 1/0 gauge wire and an appropriate sized inline fuse is what's recommended.
  11. K

Off Topic Random Chat v5.8 - Memes and Gifs Welcomed

^^^ Those are my toes!
  12. K

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Different platform, but I used the Koni Special Actives with Neuspeed springs on my 2007 A3. I thought it rode fairly well for being about 1.25" lower than the stock springs.
  13. K

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Usual suspects, Neuspeed, Apex, Enkei. Most of the Flow One wheels from Tire Rack are pretty light. Unless you are going to go forged and spend some big bucks.
  14. K

Snailmeat in sunny Singapore

Funny, this thread has been resurrected 3 times now.
  15. K

Fat Shawn’s 2019 GTI Build

Just for reference, 225/55R18 is mostly for small SUV/CUV type vehicles with more room in the fender wells. Like a Mazda CX-3 for instance. Lots of sidewall!
  16. K

Fat Shawn’s 2019 GTI Build

It may rub even on stock suspension, but if you are putting on the H&R springs then you will have issues for sure. I definitely would not go that tall. Sell those free tires and buy the right size.