GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Eman1

MK7... Restoration? High Mileage Rebuild

No real updates - was on vacation around the new year. No luck with an affordable parts car. I did pick up a clutch for the build, and have a line on a motor to possibly swap in (would have to refresh trans)
  2. Eman1

Part Out!

Sent a PM a while back.
  3. Eman1

Parts car went for $1500 over what I wanted to spend, so decided to tear down the original engine to scope out a rebuild. Unfortunately, not only was the #1 cylinder full of coolant, but the #4 piston had melted right through! The cylinder walls are moderately scored, but I haven't found...
  4. Eman1

Merry Christmas! Was able to get the engine separated from the transmission & subframe removed. I've got a bid in on a parts car. Fingers crossed it comes through.
  5. Eman1

Thanks. Glanced through it at work today. Pretty crazy!
  6. Eman1

Another couple of hours today to get the engine pulled, now we can really start ordering parts & putting a plan together!
  7. Eman1

Spent some time after work today getting the front end torn down. Lots of oil in the charge pipes. Pulled the plugs and scoped the cylinders- Oil and debris throughout. On the lookout for a new drivetrain.
  8. Eman1

Likely looking for a salvage donor car for the engine/trans. Chased HP on my last car. Might keep the motor in this car for a build though just for fun.
  9. Eman1

Picked up this 2015 MK7 today. After wrecking my previous GTI 2 years ago now, I'd never quite gotten the car out of my system. While browsing marketplace I stumbled upon perhaps the cheapest non wrecked GTI ever. Loaded it onto a trailer and got to work. The car is a 2015 6MT Autobahn with...
  10. Eman1

ACT Street clutch kit 500 ft-Lbs. SOLD

SOLD. Thank you!
  11. Eman1

My Deathtrap GTI build

Thanks guys! I've been enjoying the car lately. Grabbed a few photos of it this morning after a drive. Yes it rubs under compression. It's live-able. May get the fenders rolled eventually.
  12. Eman1

My Deathtrap GTI build

Just got the car back from wrap. I think it turned out great, and am mostly just excited for it to all be one color again! I still need to re-pin and install the diff module, and clean up the small oil leak/odds and ends on the car. Getting close 🤟
  13. Eman1

Replied to your PM yesterday. Yes, shipping is an option.
  14. Eman1

Bought this clutch for a friend's project that never ended up happening. Everything is brand new in original packaging. Asking $1100 Obo.
  15. Eman1

My Deathtrap GTI build

Small update- Life has gotten in the way of progress on the car a lot lately, but this past week I was finally able to get some things rolling! I discovered a new appreciation for wrap installers. I got about 3/4 of the way finished before running out of material, which is now out of stock...
  16. Eman1

Swapping a Wavetrac LSD into a VAQ Equipped car

If the donor is non-VAQ, you may have to do the swap. It will likely be missing the casting for the bolts on the passenger side of the case where the VAQ attaches. Unless you were going to use half the case from your current trans?
  17. Eman1

Swapping a Wavetrac LSD into a VAQ Equipped car

Dave Nailed it as usual. Wavetrac makes a model that can be installed while keeping your VAQ diff. I chose to go wavetrac for the above reasons, and like my car to be as simple as possible. Less to break! My transmission/diff has held up amazingly well for being built by me. I keep thinking...
  18. Eman1

The 2021 Secret Santa Thread!

Terrible news! I'm glad that you and your family are safe despite your recent misfortunes. Hoping for a better start to 2022 for you! I did want to add this thank you to the thread. @toothofwar sent a second awesome gift out to me. I was out of state visiting family and just got back to open...
  19. Eman1

The 2021 Secret Santa Thread!

Thanks a ton to @toothofwar for the unique GTI themed bag! I've already been able to put it to use at the climbing gym.
  20. Eman1

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

LC and NLS were turned off after issues with initial maps that turned out to be my fault on the build. Not sure if they have been turned back on. I don't know how it would be physically possible to shift faster or maybe I just suck at driving... Shifts all feel good to me. Will ask my tuner...