GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

550HP / 550 ft-lbs. This is a crank number as measured on our superflow AWD dyno under SAE standard conditions. These are comparable to wheel numbers you might get if you were to run the car on the more common Dynojet - there's more to it though... Comparing dyno numbers on the internet is a...
  2. J

HPA VR550T - 2.5L VR6 Turbo Golf R

[[ Saved for Future Updates ]]
  3. J

Most Recent Updates via The People's Car Podcast Episode 109. Marcel Horn (HPA Motorsports) mk7.5 VR550T updates [[ Saved for Future Updates ]]
  4. J

HPA Motorsports launches a limited serialized run of 50 MK7.5 Golf R's featuring an upgraded 2.5L VR6 Turbo with 550HP and 550FT-LBS of torque. Read more to learn about our journey to put the VR back into the Golf R. VR6 - THE ENGINE FOR THE ENTHUSIAST Originally designed as a diesel...
  5. J

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

I'll be making a separate discussion post for the VR550T. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/hpa-vr550t-2-5l-vr6-turbo-golf-r.427563/ I don't want to derail Gerald's build thread any further.
  6. J

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

The hybrid turbo was the right choice for this package. There are different variables and considerations you need to make if you are building a production vehicle with longevity, packaging, and serviceability in mind. All that being said, we will be partnering with a local DAZA drag enthusiast...
  7. J

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

Good catch, thank you. The HPFP was a mistake. I've removed the line from our landing page. All the work with the cams and the valvetrain was to address the power delivery. The new cams are based on our TRI-flow design we developed for the 3.2 and 3.6 L...
  8. J

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

Sorry, there have been so many inquiries we are trying to compile an FAQ and answer everything in one go. We don't want to gatekeep all the information on this engine however we do have hundreds and hundreds of hours of R&D to convert this SUV engine into what it is today so a lot of the...
  9. J

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

I'm sure there will be many comparisons between what the market has to offer whether it be a built 2.0L or DAZA 5cyl. Frankly, trying to compare cars based on peak HP tells you very little when it comes to how that power is delivered, area under the curve, drivability, and reliability. We have...
  10. J

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

The last few days have been milestone days. Can't disclose anything yet but....
  11. J

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

We have a turbo kit in the works for the 3.6 VR (I have an Atlas CS (VR) myself). Marcel believes that with a moderate boost in power and torque the transmission will hold - it's rated to tow 5000lbs. That being said, if you want us to build you an Atlas 2.5T with diff and DQ500 swap, all it...