GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. tigeo

4/10/24 Track Night @ HHR - Stormy attempts a FWD lap record (how will it end?)

Yes my numbers in F were correct. My EBC RPX are 1500 F for a real track compound.
  2. tigeo

Not sure of the details with those w/r to torque/fade temp/etc. but I'm sure they are on the milder end of the spectrum. To me, these are the kind of pads most folks that have modded MK7s should run full-time/street. I'm was up at Wookies last week and so many have brake fade issues and want...
  3. tigeo

I am out of town but I will look at those part nos. on my invoice from when they did this, I just remember having to buy ball joints and that they were VW.
  4. tigeo

Whatever my stock BJs were on my Sportwagen we had to get OE GTI units to work with my Superpro LCAs due to bolt length. Edit. So that means the regular Golf ones are shorter than GTI...not sure why that is.
  5. tigeo

Tyrolsport ARPs with deadset kit call for factory torque so 70 ft-lbs just no extra rotation beyond that.
  6. tigeo

dedicated track pads

Yellows are 900 deg. Blue NDX are 1000.
  7. tigeo

Even race teams do it on their spring rubbers dude. This is full extension/droop.
  8. tigeo

I have had v. good luck with those cheap spring rubbers to allievate this issue, my car has great feel with big bumps/hits. I still say just replacing the jounces with something more progressive/firmer/higher ramp-up would do the same thing based on your comment. Will be cool to see/hear about...
  9. tigeo

Keep in mind "progressive" really That crashing is all about lack of travel and/or spring rate.
  10. tigeo

I think the 034 S3 springs would be great for the wagons. RS3 like the one fellow ran on his 4Mo GSW are likely a little too much for those B8s but maybe not?
  11. tigeo

Yeah, they include the directions with their pads - for BSNDX and RPX, basically ready to roll beyond normal bedding procedures is what I have done with good success.
  12. tigeo

Actually....VIR isn't bad at all in terms of number of braking zones (about 4 hard ones and few "scrub speed" ones per lap) but you are going fast so they are few but count hahaha. My car is a few '00 more.
  13. tigeo

RPX and BSNDX both have no break in beyond normal track pads...mate up and a few heat cycles is it...these are nothing like Yellowstuff with a break in coating and arduous instructions.
  14. tigeo

But as DerHase has show the 3.12s while $$$ will also last much longer than the RPX...however you guys are also in GTIs which are lighter than my awd wagon.
  15. tigeo

Aborted- safety reasons VCDS

From what I'm reading folks aren't adjusting the 12/20 correctly and are using the 38 method.