GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. I

Sachs SRE vs South Bend stage 3 endurance review

Pm, make me an offer, where are you located?
  2. I

Sachs SRE vs South Bend stage 3 endurance review

If you are going South Bend I have the single mass flywheel from the south ben stage 3 endurance in great shape, like new. I ended up getting the sachs performance clutch which has less chatter and better for stop and go traffic. I can just roll off the clutch without giving it gas with this...
  3. I

I traded in the GTI

Yeah, the power is addicting, you get 100% power from the get go, you don't have to wait for a certain rpm. It's 220hp, and 250lbs of torque the whole way, one gear, acceleration is linear.. I am presently surprised did not expect to like it as much as I am. They should make nismo version...
  4. I

I traded in the GTI

Hahahaha.. I hope that's incorrect... From what I read if you pay at least 7500 in taxes you get it all back! If you pay $5k you get $5k... ect
  5. I

I traded in the GTI

Well you can get mad at the politics not at me. Anyway Thank you for helping me pay for it, but you can get one as well. Hey, I like cars, and I did not think I would get an EV at all. I started to look into it for my daughter actually and the more I read about it the more I liked it. If it was...
  6. I

I traded in the GTI

Yeah I can see people wanting an EV right now, but you can't even buy one if you want too. There is very low inventory. We can thank Joe Biden for the gas prices. I was thinking about getting a challenger srt scat pack 6 speed manual, but I had to do what is good for the family right now. I will...
  7. I

I traded in the GTI

You should Look at the Hyundai Ioniq 5. I think its the best Looking one. It looks like an old school GTI but larger, but the EV6 GT performance is sick but still ways out.
  8. I

I traded in the GTI

LOL, sorry man.. did not mean to hurt anyone feelings...
  9. I

I traded in the GTI

Hi All, I just wanted to say good buy to all of you. Thanks for all the help and advise. I loved my 2016 GTI, I had done quiet a bit of work to it, but since the trade in value were so good I decided to trade it in. The fact that I had to replace the clutch twice did not help and the smell of...
  10. I

Immediate Clutch failure?

If you want a clutch that feels like stock and can handle stage II power and not anything higher, than I would recommend VW Performance Clutch Kit - Sachs Performance I did have stage III clutch endurance from South Bend and it is nice but a lot rougher than the Sachs. I would have kept it but...
  11. I

19 waterpump

I smell coolant as well, mine is a 2016 with about 55k miles dealer said I need Valve cover rear seal and Thermostat housing leaking I did not do anything as of yet as I am not seeing any leaks or warning lights.
  12. I

South Bend Stage 3 Endurance USED for sale make me an offer

sorry guys, I got some PMS but I did not realize it. Please feel free to txt me 203 - two seven 8 -1938 its still available
  13. I

Making sure car is ready for tune

do you like the DSG better? Why did you not want to stick to Manual? All I have been driving has been a Manual all my life and I am afraid to make the leap to DSG....
  14. I

How to drive faster!

Make sure you move your foot completely off the clutch after the gear is engage. are you able to do the following? 1) Get the car rolling moving slowly 2) Remove your foot from the clutch pedal, move it perhaps to the rest area 3) Floor it 4) at around 5500k rpm as fast as you can press the...
  15. I

Clutch experiences - DKM and RSR

SACHS SRE also very good choice. No shuddering at all and quiet. Also if you buy from fcp euro lifetime warranty
  16. I

Sachs 4 puck- thoughts?

from what I read about the 4 pucks, it is very similar to the southbend in regards to shuddering, that is why I went with the Sachs SRE and from my situation its been the best decision.
  17. I

Sachs 4 puck- thoughts?

this was my experience.... to me the shuddering on take offs and in reverse are a deal breaker for the 4 puck https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/sachs-sre-vs-south-bend-stage-3-endurance-review.372269/
  18. I

do you get shuddering on take off or in reveres? or do you ave to rev above 1500 RPM to avoid it?
  19. I

Here is my experience. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/sachs-sre-vs-south-bend-stage-3-endurance-review.372269/ good luck!
  20. I

392 Charger

I do not think GTI or a Golf wagon can run 114MPH 1/4 mile with stock turbo. Even with FBO and stock turbo they can't unless they add e85\ethanol to the mix. GTI need quite a bit of work to run that. I am just saying for the same money and performance the 395 is not a bad deal stock... if it...