GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. X

Golf MK7 initial start

looking at the video (link below) it could be something as simple as the battery. What are your opinions. I did connect another car to the golf via jump leads but the starting issue was still the same. Doesn’t do it after the first few starts in the morning. Once’s it’s been driven it starts fine.
  2. X

Golf MK7 initial start

Bit of a weird one. I have a MK7 Golf 2L on 80k miles. Drives perfectly fine but quite often, on the first startup, it starts then turns off. If I start it again it’ll be fine. Why does it turn off? Stop-start is turned off and it doesn’t crank unusually. Cranks and starts straight away but will...
  3. X

Flutter on startup.

Hey Peeps. I have a MK7 DSG Golf. It’s on around 60k mileage. Whenever I start the car there is a quick flutter noise. Any idea what it can be? Noise goes away after 3 seconds and usually doesn’t come back. From what I recall there is no flutter noise under boost.
  4. X

Golf r swaying on motorway when bending/turning left

Update: Fixed! forgot to update this just in case someone else has the same problems. I replaced rear coils and car was still swaying. I was annoyed with replacing parts so I bought a rear axle with the arms on it that I needed such as upper arm and trailing arm etc. Got it aligned with new...
  5. X

It’s not tyres. I’ve got a 2017 S3 took alloys off that and put them on golf R and it Was still swaying. To be precise this is what happens. If I put my foot down its stable as a rock regardless of speed but as soon as I lift off gas that’s when the swaying happens. Always off the gas pedal...
  6. X

UPDATE: below is the alignment. The back left wheel couldn’t be brought in so changed rear control arms and brought wheel into alignment. when garage put new control arms on the sway went away. Drove 3 times on motorway and no sway. (Sway meaning a movement of left and right like a wobble)...
  7. X

Hi guys I have a very weird problem with my Mk7 golf R on the motorway. Whenever I go over around 40 mph and the road/motorway is bending to the left (so the steering wheel turning to the left) the car sways really badly. Turning to right is ok when doing 70 mph etc but on a rough road...
  8. X

Mk7.5 headlights retrofit to a mk7

You can’t align the full/high beam independent of the dipped beam so garages won’t really be of help. I need to meet someone who knows what they are doing to look into this.
  9. X

So what would be the way around it? What would we do to overcome the problem? Would it be buying a new set of headlights? Or could I align them up somehow?
  10. X

Yep they do but they throw as far as the dipped beam. But they do come on.
  11. X

Yep I understand. Thanks for your help so far. I’d be willing to travel to anyone with VCDS or ODIS who can read codes and maybe help out.
  12. X

I bough the car recently, MOT Was done before I bought it. Would you be able to check?
  13. X

Is there no way the full beam range could be altered via coding?
  14. X

I though exactly what you did So I asked the owner and he said he had a front end hit so he used a full front end off another 7.5 golf R To facelift his own so he is 100% sure they are genuine.
  15. X

I’ve just bought the car. I do t have access to any laptops or coding as I don’t really do DIY. I was hoping a very generous member on the forum would look into it for me if they could. I’m from the Leeds area.
  16. X

Just a quick question for everyone. Can the full beam be thrown further out with coding? I bought my car, a mk7 golf R, fully retrofitted With 7.5 headlight.!But, the full beams throw as far as the normal beams so if I flash at someone they never see it. The full beam has to be raised...
  17. X

MK7.5 OEM LED Headlights Retrofit

Just a quick question for everyone. Can the full beam be thrown further out with coding? I bought my car fully retrofitted But the full beams throw as far as the normal beams so if I flash at someone they never see it. The full beam has to be raised independent of the low beam. So using the...
  18. X

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

I’m thinking the only thing I can do, is order Two new headlight and then they have to be re-wires again? Unless I keep on orderIng right headlights and eventually fine the one that fits. But that’s would be quite difficult.
  19. X

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

i know label has been taken of as person I bought car told me but doesn’t remember part number. He just says he had a Full front end collision and so face lifting cost Only a little more amount Than buying mk7 full front end. Dealers won’t know what headlight it is without VIN which I don’t...