GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Suction Pump Seal Recall

Linky to official NHTSA notice.
  2. R

NHTSA: 23V604 - Volkswagen Recall: 28H7 – Ignition Switch (2019)

Received an updated recall notice from VWOA today. The fix is in. They’re going to replace the ignition switch.
  3. R

Insurance Rates Shooting Up

Our Amica auto policy went up $7 (or net $5.60 after factoring in the dividend). Every time I check other companies, i haven’t found anyone cheaper (including USAA). And they have great service on top of everything.
  4. R

Have I been wasting $ on premium for years?

That’s not what they’re saying. TLDR: There are two different octane measures: one used in the US and Canada and another used in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. If you‘re buying gas in the former, it should be a minimum of 87 octane as shown on the pump while in the latter, it should be a...
  5. R

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I don’t waste my time on the phone with them but always use their chat function. They always make a lame offer. First time our sub expired, I just canceled and immediately signed back up with the same account using a deal link found on Slickdeals. This year, the chat agent was actually able to...
  6. R

Anyone in NJ using Delta 93 for their gas?

Same gas but different detergent additives depending on the brand.
  7. R

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Just wanted to circle back to this as I cannot recommend this cable. After about 7 months, it will no longer provide a connection to CarPlay (it connects and then cancels every time no matter the phone). Other cables work fine. I contacted the manufacturer and found out they only offer a...
  8. R

What makes the OBDMX+ better than any other OBD2 adapter (e.g., Carista’s adapter which costs $100 less)?
  9. R

But last month you recommended the Carlinkit: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/wireless-carplay-adapters.395338/post-7787739 Looks like they’re trying to generate sales of both through similar websites.
  10. R

Service price (engine oil, state inspection, etc) is hugely different by dealerships?

PA doesn’t regulate the cost for inspections-it pays to shop around.
  11. R

Service price (engine oil, state inspection, etc) is hugely different by dealerships?

For something like an oil change, always check the dealership website and https://www.vwserviceandparts.com for service coupons. Some people have reported that you can take advantage of PayPal’s return credit if you pay for your oil using it.
  12. R

I traded in the GTI

It’s also a fact that huge ethanol subsidies and below market oil leases mean that our taxes also help pay for operating your gas powered car.
  13. R

Direct from the Czech Republic in 3 weeks time:
  14. R

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

YMMV, but just got our latest 6 month renewal bill - premiums up only $4 for 2 cars.
  15. R

Gloria Vanderbilt or GTFO
  16. R

Names don’t get added to a class action lawsuit - it’s brought on behalf of all affected parties (the aforementioned “Class”). If you had one of the defective airbags, you’re automatically included in the suit and any settlement. The only reasons to make contact are to opt out of the suit...
  17. R

Could it be a hinky cable? I had issues where CarPlay would connect sometimes and sometimes not - got a new cable and haven’t had issues since.
  18. R

Tire Pressure Gauge Recommendations

My trusty pencil gauge may have been leading me astray recently. What do folks recommend in an accurate, reliable, and semi-durable (I don’t need it built like a tank but would like it not to fail after six months) gauge?
  19. R

What Happened to the Random/Stupid Questions Thread?

I’ve been wondering the same thing myself the past few days. Did it get disappeared with the spam trolls?