GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. tpellegr

How Much Does an Upgraded Front Sway Bar Help with Track Feel (Already Have RSB)?

IMO, running a stiffer FSB is very usefully in these cars and will help you avoid having to run lots of static negative camber up front by reducing camber gain under hard cornering. It will also add some roll resistance up front which can be a good thing if you track the car and want more...
  2. tpellegr

Beginner Track Day: Some Questions

Hello and welcome to the addiction. Have fun and be safe out there! A couple notes below to get you started. 1. ESC/Traction Control: should I turn this off or leave it on? I've seen recommendations for both. When I am personally learning a new track, I leave ESC on for the first few sessions...
  3. tpellegr

"Official" Lap Times Thread

Awesome lap, man! Looking good.
  4. tpellegr

"Official" Lap Times Thread

Just updated the first post with the google form. Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to change. Thx, @Will_ .
  5. tpellegr

Neophyte driver passed everyone in run group in one session at Lime Rock !

Maybe I'll see you guys at Palmer. Today was gorgeous. Perfect temp in the low 70s and crystal clear. Was lapping just below 2:00 by the last session (in the Miata) so making good progress. May try to make a trip out to the Glen in July w SCDA.
  6. tpellegr

Neophyte driver passed everyone in run group in one session at Lime Rock !

@R Golf That's awesome! Sounds like she had a blast. That's an incredible lap time for someone new. You've got a lot to be proud of. Are you running at Palmer w SCDA tomorrow? It will be my first time running CW at that track.
  7. tpellegr

Watkins Glen Meetup - Sunday-Monday 5/2-3

I hear ya, man. As long as you're finding a way to have fun and staying safe!
  8. tpellegr

All good! Thx for the response. It's a cool area with tons to do so figured it would be worth the trip for some folks. Maybe catch you next time! Hope your season is going well so far.
  9. tpellegr

Planning to make the trip to Watkins Glen next weekend for SCDAs HPDE event on Monday. Would love to get a group together for drinks or socially distance hangout/food on Sunday night. Would also be cool to meet some of you guys in person and see some VWs on the track the next day! SCDA is...
  10. tpellegr

034 RSB, tire pressure, and traction control settings - looking for advice

If you increase pressure in that situation, my thought would be that you'd be overinflating the tire to compensate for camber gain in the corners. When only outside or inside temp is affected it is likely not a tire pressure issue but an alignment or suspension issue. In this case, since you...
  11. tpellegr

Looks like an awesome track! Thanks for posting and sorry to drag things off topic.
  12. tpellegr

I never commented on your setup, just the tools we have to help us guage whether tires are operating within their optimal temp range (which was the OP's question). Although imperfect, a good tire pressure guage, pyrometer, and observing the wear on the tire itself are as good as it gets (unless...
  13. tpellegr

David, I'm not sure what issue you were having, but if a pyrometer is reading higher temps in the middle of one's tire than the edges, the tire is overinflated. I would recommend doing a bit of research or buying yourself a book on the topic if you are having a hard time understanding. Happy to...
  14. tpellegr

Only way to be 100% certain you are using the proper pressures for the conditions is by using a tire pyrometer. Outside of that, I would say wear observations are likely the next most objective. Optimum hot temps vary by tire, but @Will_'s shared some really good advice as a starting point. Lap...
  15. tpellegr

BFI Heavy Weight Golf Ball Shift Knob - Install

Im sure that would be fine, just may be difficult to remove if you want to change knobs later. Also, make sure you get the MS.
  16. tpellegr

Michelin PS4S Vs Hankook RS4's for track and street use

I don't have any experience w the RS4s, but I would say probably worth checking out the RE71Rs. From what I've heard they get pretty solid mileage for dual use and are quite quick and puns a track (they are 200tw). Depending on budget, I would also checkout the Michelin Cup 2s. They are great at...
  17. tpellegr

SOLD

Sold. Thanks everyone.
  18. tpellegr

SOLD

Thanks for the interest everyone. Will have some pics up in the next few days (pending weather out here). Once they are up, please DM me and we can talk price, shipping, etc.
  19. tpellegr

SOLD

Mounted and balanced Hyper Black Neuspeed RSe10 18x8.5 ET45, Tire Streets Accelera 651 Sport 235/40/18 . Tires are brand new, wheels have about 17k miles on them. Perfectly straight minor imperfections only. Local pickup preferred. Pics to come shortly.
  20. tpellegr

Pure White Weekend Warrior

Pulled the trigger on a new Mazda CX-5 Carbon Edition yesterday! I guess I am officially a Mazda fanboy now. lol. Pics below. Will post my RSe10s in Classifieds section in the next few days. Need to clean them up a bit and take some pics.