GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. motas88

Coolant/oil loss and Clutch Squeak.

Hi all, Purchased my 2015 GTD manual about 7 months ago and have a few recurring issues. I’m losing coolant and oil, not at an alarming rate as I’ve done a few miles since I bought it. But the coolant worries me as have had to top up twice about 500ml each time. Less worrying but still abnormal...
  2. motas88

New owner, few questions!

So, bit more info for anybody who actually knows what they are talking about because I’m just taking educated guesses here. Haha. Checked a good few things today: Cabin filter, ok. All fuses ok. Through OBD 11, rechecked the pressure which sits at 3.8 bar and then when AC switches on it...
  3. motas88

So no codes, refrigerant pressure seems good. Clutch kicks on and off as normal. I’m stumped. Did a reset and output test all seems functional but still no cold air. That whine from the vents seems to indicate something but can’t find anything online to help diagnose the problem. Any ideas?
  4. motas88

Thanks for the help. Didn’t have climate control on my MK5 but definitely gave me a code for low refrigerant. Have OBD 11 so will have a mess about with it this weekend. Bar refrigerant loss can only think of a compressor failure but the whine from the vents when it’s on makes me think it’s...
  5. motas88

Hi all, Purchased a used MK7 GTD in a hurry about 2 months ago. Upgraded from an MK5 GT TDI Sport. Overall pretty pleased with it apart from a few issues. Have some corrosion issues I spotted upon delivery, but they should be sorted under agreement with the dealer. The left rear light was...