GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 2

Burning coolant(?) on turbo

when I was reading people’s posts on the issue a few months ago, I bought one of the metal EMD Auto ones just in case. which is ending up to be pretty convenient right now as it’s sitting on my desk. planning to do the swap soon and hopefully clean up all the burned residues on the turbo. I...
  2. 2

Burning coolant(?) on turbo

For a couple months I’ve been trying to figure out why I get the smell of a bakery/burning bread coming through the vents every time I come to a stop. I replaced the cabin filter, didn’t help at all. thought it was maybe something with the brakes heating up when coming to a stop. earlier I...
  3. 2

Suction Pump Seal Recall

hehe, I have a Webasto fuel pump mounted where the leak detector module is, and the module has been hacked up and double-sided taped to the side of the gas tank. how likely is it that the dealer will want to work on my car.. hope it’ll just be the suction pump inside the tank and not a whole...
  4. 2

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

I had issues with the P356 zip that was hosted on mibsolution, it was corrupted somehow. I just downloaded the 2024/2025 one from Mega and it has both the folders Mib1 and Mib2. and I believe it has Canada too. there are "CAN_east_nar" and "CAN_west_nar" folders inside.
  5. 2

yeah fortunately for this database at least, there are no cheesy placeholder pictures of genre or the artists, it seems that if it doesn’t have that particular album then it’s blank. what would be really cool is to write a program that takes all your Spotify/whatever playlists, gets the album...
  6. 2

that was quick, we just got 2024! was the 2024 one already outdated, possibly? not to derail this thread even more but, yesterday I found a link to the V24 Gracenote database for Europe and after adding skipRegionCheck into the metainfo file (not sure if this was even necessary), it loaded fine...
  7. 2

vents blowing air when off

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you but what I mean is, you can press the recirculate button even when the climate is off (OFF button lit up) and it'll shut the flap to the outside so no air will come in at all. but you mentioned you changed some setting, was that something in long coding?
  8. 2

MHI2_US_VWG13_P3662_1 MU1418 app.img dump file needed

I am keen to find this too (well, the whole update) and I know it's out there somewhere 😉 I have seen recently on ebay there are some Audi-converted MHI2's that are on version 1418. (there is very likely not an actual update) I'm not sure if there is a an actual update or if you can dump the...
  9. 2

vents blowing air when off

idk if you already know but you can turn on recirculate with the climate controls off and it should stop that slight breeze. though if you’re trying to keep the inside of the climate system clean and not moldy it’s probably good to keep some air flowing in there as much as you can I would think (?)
  10. 2

I’m not sure if this is the build number but 0356?
  11. 2

for us Discover Pro/MHI2-havers, just an fyi that the 2024 maps for NAR are available now on mibsolution (as of a few weeks ago). I just finished loading them with no problem. I even ran the update entirely while driving and nothing bad happened lol. the only issue I had was the ~12GB or so zip...
  12. 2

A way to keep the rear view camera on for just a bit longer?

tbh I've never seen that part #, the one written on the heater, listed anywhere for anything lol. it just doesn't exist on the parts sites, I don't really know why. I'm not sure what would show up if you ordered a 5Q0898008 from like cars245 or e-acca. I have a feeling that it may be the bare...
  13. 2

@Cuzoe interesting, I remember when I was ordering parts, I could find many more diesel ones than “Benzin”. are you looking on ebay? try “5Q0815005 diesel”. there are some brand new ones on there.
  14. 2

in the process I added a highline reverse camera to my AliExpress cart in case, oh nooo, my camera’s broken, guess I have to get a new one now 🤷‍♂️ lol oh the Webasto is a fun one 😅 but so worth it, I still think it’s the best mod I’ve managed to finish. I hope our (@xabhax and me) thread on it...
  15. 2

@Kushdaiin that was totally it, thank you. I wasn’t reading my adaptation backup properly because I went back and looked at it and it clearly says VPS is off (and msg_bus = databus infotainment). now the camera goes away immediately.
  16. 2

Throttle Delay

I think if I had this issue I'd be logging and seeing where the breakdown is i.e. where your stepping on the pedal gets ignored or lost and not turned into revs. Things like accelerator pedal position, throttle body open %, etc. I'm sure someone knows more parameters that you could log. Also, do...
  17. 2

thanks, I haven’t had time to try this out yet but I’m crossing my fingers. I think I have a combination of both of these codings, VPS is activated, msg_bus is terminal 15, and byte 19 bit 4 is enabled.
  18. 2

anyone ever figure this out?? I’m having an interesting problem that is somewhat related. before I retrofitted a discover pro to my gti, my reverse camera would disappear as soon as I shifted from R to neutral/1st (would go to the sensor/trajectory view that takes up the whole screen). now...
  19. 2

Heater barely working, not heater core, confused as hell 3 months later, GTI 2015

I haven’t dealt with this issue personally but i’ve seen a few times on here of people having this slow or no heat issue and it ends up being the coolant shut off valve, aka N82 valve. it’s a solenoid on the right side of the engine I think behind/under the boost pipe. could also be the heater...
  20. 2

OIL TEMP GOING UP VERY QUICK

no that does not sound normal. from “- - -“ to 200F in a few minutes?? if this is the oil temp then I would guess something is wrong with the sensor. @fabr I would start the car cold and drive until it says a high number, then stop driving and try to see if that number is actually true, maybe...